View Poll Results: I'm just curious that how many people admit that they use cheats, bugs, glitches etc.

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Using AR all day long

5 9.62%
  • Creating FSODs in the lobby

4 7.69%
  • Duping while in online, even if no one asks

1 1.92%
  • Using hacks only while offline

5 9.62%
  • Duping in offline

4 7.69%
  • Giving away hacked stuff for free

3 5.77%
  • Never used or will use any kind of cheats

28 53.85%
  • Hacks? What are those?

2 3.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Frozen Screen Of Death?...Maybe Doom?

On the old versions of PSO, frozen screen could mean destruction of the character.

On the old versions of PSO, frozen screen could mean destruction of the character.
    Uh.. not really. FSOD just means that your game locks up and is frozen. You have to reset your console/program. It was most commonly done by casting a certain high powered spell at a certain teleportation spell. Though other methods were found. The only time it would corrupt your character is if you were frozen durring a save. There was a way to force a save and then FSOD, but it wasn't widespread until the game was already pretty much dead and burried thanks to Sega's double-save which also had a tendancy to FSOD players.

FSOD w/ with loss of character data was lamely called "FSOD-X". X for eXtreme!!! =/

As for cheating - I used to cheat in v.1 and v.2. Never did FSOD or NOL, since those are pretty cowardly and honestly, not much fun. One of my favorites was to get a few firends around and use Walk thru Walls w/ BMPK. We'd hide behind the walls of F1 & 2 and wait for people to come down the Telepipe. After they materialized we'd snipe them from the bushes. That was fun. If they didn't disconnect right away - we'd revive them and let them get their weapon. No harm, no foul... just a laugh. Maybe kill them again, then rev them just for the hell of it.

After PSO Ep I & II came out I went totally legit. I just didn't find cheating fun anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-12-19 13:48 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

...like people really are going to admit they use them in a poll...
    I'm surprised everyone did not just vote they use them online to smite the poll lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaidenx on 2006-12-19 14:32 ]</font>

Eh, I used my action replay on my gamecube version (I only had offline anyway) to get my other characters (as in, not my main) to superhigh levels to see how a high level force/ranger was like.

i'm like 'russindahill', i used to do all kinds of hacks and stuff. I especially loved it when being able to hit other ppl with spells first came out on dc. i'd be walking through an empty room with my party and start zapping them... they'd be all like "who the what?!?"!!! i wouldn't say anything, just sit back and laugh.

btw nol'ing another hacker/duper is funny.. especially when you're doing it back and forth never knowing if mid-mission you might lose that char. or if you actually were going to finish the mission.

of course the other codes and stuff made this not so horrible as for legiter's... but it was a fun game to do with friends... which btw is what most hackers did when they found this out... just telling some "friends" of your hacker games gives them unworthy power, and you can't make them unlearn it once you see their maliciousness.

also on walking thru doors. nothing is funnier than standing on the other side of a locked door and telling someone to open it for you.... (you know those ones in pso that couldn't be opened) priceless.

but yeah, i started as a way to backup save when i lost my first char on pso.