Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, I'm confused with the whole server/universe things. Are the servers the universes, or are they the lobbys? Like, completely confused >_<. You have 4 characters, correct? OK, say I fill up these slots. Can I play with anyone playing the PC version(the version I'm getting) I want, no matter what universe I choose, and freely move between them? Or rather, will I only be able to play with people that are on that same server, like the realms in WoW? If it's like WoW, do you get 4 characters per server, then? And if not, than what server you start at doesn't matter, right?

......Does anyone understand what I'm asking? >_>

I see dumb people... tyler2zelda's Avatar

I'd check, but currently...
    http://360psu.justgotowned.com/
    "...and thus, Dark Falz is reborn. From another dimension, he conquers the souls of those on other planes of existence. He cannot be defeated, but we may try to contain it... for someday we shall perish."

World = Server
    Universe = Block within a World

Your characters are tied to the World they are created on (so for example, on JP, there are 2 Worlds. You can have 4 characters on each and they are non-transferable between the Worlds, ultimately giving you a total of 8 characters on the one account). Numerous Universes (Universii?) exist within a World, and are the new form of a PSO block. Within a World, your character can change Universe at will by going to any of the numerous red floaty pyramid type objects scattered amongst all the cities. In PSU JP, typically the PSOW 'place' was World 1, Universe 5.

It is unknown how many Worlds will be present in the US release.

On 2006-10-17 07:16, Lovejuice wrote:
    World = Server
    Universe = Block within a World

Your characters are tied to the World they are created on (so for example, on JP, there are 2 Worlds. You can have 4 characters on each and they are non-transferable between the Worlds, ultimately giving you a total of 8 characters on the one account). Numerous Universes (Universii?) exist within a World, and are the new form of a PSO block. Within a World, your character can change Universe at will by going to any of the numerous red floaty pyramid type objects scattered amongst all the cities. In PSU JP, typically the PSOW 'place' was World 1, Universe 5.

It is unknown how many Worlds will be present in the US release.
    OK, cool, that's exactly what I wanted to know.How many people can each world hold? And do you think theres a chance of a any world being full? Because if so, I may pick the least populated world. But then, there is less people So it's hard to decide.

I don't think anyone knows the exact numbers, but it seems possible for a World to be full. This was part of the huge trouble at the JP launch of PSU (and as such, World 2 was added), and has also happened in the 360 Beta if reports are to be believed (although I've always manged to get in fine).

Universes - like Blocks in PSO - can also be full, but again, I don't know the exact number as they're not revealed ingame. The usual case in JP PSU is that Universe 1 in a World is often full (or near it), simply because it's number '1' and people will flock there. You can tell the 'fullness' of a Universe by the number of stars next to it in the Universe list (five opaque stars = full, and the name will be grayed out and unselectable). When you first login with a character, you will be thrown in to a random(-ish) Universe.

Erroneous Deity

First time posting

Thanks for the advance information about the different worlds. I just have to try to get in the same world as my friends.

I hope it holds more people in the american version. Or less people play it >_>

The worst thing in the world is when you pick a less populated server to avoid a server being empty, then later in the games life, it's practically empty. But then again, not being able to play, or experiencing a lot of lag because so many users are on at once, sucks almost as bad, too

It's hard to decide >_<

Yeah, server headaches can be a real drag.

Lets hope things go smoothly.

*Swings large blades*

Yeah, I wouldn't worry bout it too much. It's only JP that have the two worlds (servers), I think the US/EU only have the one... Is that right?

On 2006-10-17 07:16, tyler2zelda wrote:
    I'd check, but currently...
    http://360psu.justgotowned.com/
    Stop stealing my joke ffs XD

And what Lovejuice said, she's really informative ;