Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have read that the Hard Difficulty Dragon (forest, ep1) drops the Musashi and the Very Hard Difficulty Dragon (forest, ep1) drops the Yamato.

I am a Greenill RAmar, currently level 48. I have beaten the Hard Dragon at least 40+ times and the Very Hard Dragon 10-15 times. I play completely offline (waiting on BBA =( ).

Is there something special I have to do to get either of these weapons to drop?

When it drops, will it be left behind where the corpse of the dragon is (like the Dragon Slayer used to in the DC version?). All I ever find amongst the "remains" of his corpse is a pile of meseta or an occasional potion (antiparalysis commonly).

I usually go ahead and break open the boxes anyway, but when I am trying to kill him a lot over and over I just wait to see if he drops it in his corpse and if not I quit out of the game.

I also noticed that on hard mode I can now kill the dragon without him ever burying underground. I charge him head on, shoot him with my Launcher, he falls to the ground, I shoot him in the head with my Visk, and then when he takes off I shoot him a few times with my launcher again. This makes him fall back to the ground and 1 or 2 shots kills him. I've done this a few times but now I am paranoid that killing him this way results in NO chance to find the Musashi (or Yamato). Any thoughts on that? Or am I just paranoid now because I cannot seem to find these weapons? Bear in mind, I normally go ahead and let him fly up and bury himself because I am worried about the effect of this.

Please help! If there is anything I need to know about getting these weapons to drop, please let me know. Like do I need to beat any quests, leave my character logged on to increase online time, whatever!

Thanks,

yea this dilemma has been happening to me for a while. when my HUcaseal was lvl 43, i beat like the dragon over 20+ times but all i found was meseta and star atomizers. i just guess its about ur section ID because im Oran so i find blade dance, bloody art, etc. a lot and from what i heard, redria gets musashi/yamato more commonly during hard/vhard dragon.

In need of Anger Management

i am redria and have found 2 of each
    i wonder what ulty dragon drops.

you have a ranger ID your chances of finding one are pretty slim.

im ORAN and have found both really easy. yet im lvl 72 and have not yet found a single rare gun. not even a freakin varista.

In need of Anger Management

i get diskas of braveman like theyre turds in a toilet...oh wait..they are.
    I wont complain too much, this gID has been pretty faithful to me in my years of PSO.
    In vers 1 a Soul Banish was my first true rare..i got it pretty early too. I also found a Orotiagito wich i fell instantly in love with.
    SIgh, i do wish i could find more swords in GC PSO...

If the problem is my ID, I guess that's not a big deal. I am only on Caves 1 Vhard, and I have found:

Visk
    Varista
    Custom Ray
    2 Boomas Right Arms
    2 Hildebear Heads
    DB saber (the new design looks sweet!)
    2 Clubs of Laconium
    2 Fire Scepter: Agni

Compared to the DC version, this is sweet.

My HUcast is Skyly so perhaps I should just wait until he can beat the dragon. Will he have more success finding one with that ID?

Or even better, get my HUcast to lvl 20, have him start a skyly game, and kill the dragon with my RAmar =p.

Has anyone gotten the weapons off the dragon with Greenill?

Are there any bosses that drop rares for Greenill? It would kinda suck that the Dragon drops nearly automatic rares for other IDs, and then Greenill get nothing.

Oh, I forgot:

I've also found 2 blade dances, a photon claw, and numerous photon drops.

I never got anything from the Hard Dragon (though everyone says Musashi), but I did get Yamato from my first fight with the Very Hard dragon. My section ID is Whitill...

Whoever was complaining about getting Slicer weapons... I've gotten four in one game. Though personally, I find the Diskas are fun to use... they tend to hit a lot of enemies. ^_^ Works wonders against Gilchicks and Dubchicks when you can't use a spread.

Yuck. I think Slicer weapons are crap- almost as crappy as claw weapons. Both are cool looking though.

I really wish there was a bit more fairness with this dragon drop. Those swords are really cool and killing him 50+ times to get a drop isn't fun. =(

Lurker

with my redria id I found a musashi the first time against hard dragon. as I have no useful rares I used a lockgun and a pallasch to defeat him. Maybe you get one when the game feels sorry for you lol.