Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Hello, if you guys may have read my previous thread, (if not, look here.. http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...21698&forum=20

This Ventrilo server IP:

Ventrilo Port:

Welcome to the new PSU Ventrilo PC Ventrilo server. Here are basic guidelines to using this free service.

Firstly, to explain the channel system to you guys. I have set up channels based on the PSO structure. Lobby channels will carry 10 people maximum per channel, while the Party channels will cap at 6 people max. Also, chat rooms have been set for "per channel", instead of the default global chat setting, so if you use the chat feature, it will only work for that channel that you are in. Compared to global chat sharing 1 chat room for the whole server.

Other then that, some basic rules.

All admins will have a (A) by there name, if you ever need assistance, please feel free to make a comment, and an admin will try to help you as soon as possible

Keep swearing/racial remarks to a minimum. (Don't drop the f word every 3 words that you say for example)

Use this service for PSU / PSO games, if you want to play another game and stay connected to ventrilo, please use the lobby channels

Lastly, have fun with this service! It will be a great way to unite all of PSU/PSOBB players together into one high quality voice server. Thanks!

UPDATE:
    Lobby channel cap has been changed from 10 - 15
    Party channel cap has been changed from 6 - 8

Also, channels have been made based on player language since we have a number of users that speak a language other then English. Please go to the channel that best represents the language you speak. Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blicen on 2006-10-21 15:35 ]</font>

What type of connection is this on? How many users can it handle?

The Ventrilo server is hosted via a data center, and here are the machine specs. Connection is a Tier 3.

Dual Intel Xeon® 2.8ghz
    2GB of DDR2 ECC memory
    150GB Raptor 10,000rpm HDD
    Two onboard 10/100/1000 Broadcom NICS
    HP 1U Rack Optimized Cases

Also, server cap is set for 50 at the moment. I will extend cap if needed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blicen on 2006-10-20 20:59 ]</font>

Using it righ tnow ITS Awsome... this is going ot be huge for PC userse to talk easily. Make partys . so be sure to take advantage of it and Use it to its fullest

On 2006-10-20 22:05, gynko06 wrote:
    Using it righ tnow ITS Awsome... this is going ot be huge for PC userse to talk easily. Make partys . so be sure to take advantage of it and Use it to its fullest

Thanks , thats that idea of it! If you guys have any spare time, please hop on

Let me see if my mic still works and ill get on

Edit: no luck(thought so), any idea if a 360 headset will work, if i'm getting a controller i might as well get the headset too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-21 09:05 ]</font>

Im going to go buy one today a mic that is...
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Ya there cheap and most of them are nice quality. So dont forget to tell ur friends cos thiis will be the place to be when the game comes out!!

After I'm done formatting my new HDD and such I'll try to hop on tonight.