Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Honorable Ruler

Check out the color of the hilts/handles of the sabers.
    This one's red.
    This one's blue.

Are these colors purely cosmetic or does that denote some strength stat? I'm pretty sure I've seen green and yellow hilts too. The reason I ask this is because I have seen other sable hilts that are shaped differently and thought that the shape differences were what I'd recognize strength from.

I believe the hilt is a specific shape/color based on the item type...I.E all sabres (regardless of photon attatchment) will be of one hilt style while Sabra's will be another...most rare swords will also have unique hilts and blades..

im sorry that was kinda vague...no the hilt doesnt specify strength, its just the model and its individual stats...but so far ive noticed the cooler looking the hilt/blade the better the stats lol

Honorable Ruler

Well, its understood that the rares will be unique looking, what I was refering to the are the generic weapons So color does tell you how strong it is compared to other sabers with the same shaped hilt? Sorry for the vagueness, can't think of a better way to ask

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:13 ]</font>

Yes. Most of the weapons will be different in some form,whether its a small difference or a big one.

Well the colors are different then one another, but I wouldnt go so far as to say if I see a green hilt I know its stronger than the yellow hilt, but I guess if that was a true statement then yeah, feel free...I'm not sure if its random because one time in the Beta for the 360 my hilt changed alongside my blade when I added the ice photon...so, hmmm interesting topic you've got here...

The color of the hilt denotes the star rarity of the basic weapons

1* Red
    2* Blue
    3* Green
    4* Yellow

After that I'm not sure, I think it goes Orange then Purple

but!!!! that doesn't nesecarilly (sp?) mean that with a higher rarity lvl means a higher ATP....you know what I mean?, cause some weapons specialize in Accuracy so...seems like a good experiment to do some research on

So color is rarity? Interesting.

Thought I'd also mention that the hilt/body style for generic weapons seems to have 3 major ones, corresponding to the manufacturer company (Youmei, Tenora or GRM). And the actual color of the photon blade is the elemental type of the weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-10-24 23:19 ]</font>

Honorable Ruler

Thank you Ether!!! Sorry to confuse the earlier posters.... So basically no generic weapon will have a rarity beyond 6* or 7*?

@PaladinRPG: Yeah I knew about the elements already, that's why the topic says ~not photons~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:32 ]</font>