Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I thought about it for a while and thought about how many players are neglecting story mode and going for online. So think about this, you can work both online and offline, but I think that people who actually beat Story Mode are the real stunners of Phantasy Star Universe Online.

Player 1: I'm a lvl 30, and your a noob.

Player 2: I beat story mode. Somthing you'll never man up enough to do.

Player 1: You wasted your time with story mode?! Ha ha ha, you know nothing.

Player 2: Yeah I do and I have experienced more than you!

Going between the two equally or going though story mode could possibly show you a sence of how you want to shape your character. You can be a high lvl with a lot of moves in offline, but really got to work for it in online and if you mess up, you either deal with it and move on or start over.

That is my theory on offline vs online. Too many offline haters here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-25 09:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-25 09:41 ]</font>

Raziel, Keeper of Secrets DarkShadowX's Avatar

Well I'm gonna start with story mode myself. Then I'm gonna spam online mode to the max.
    PSO Veteran from DC Day 1. Better known as Outtrigger (DC) and Karsh (GC).
    PSU Veteran from Day 1. R.I.P. PSU, I thank you for all the memories!

I'm not sure what a "stunner" is.

... I also haven't noticed any of the "offline hate" you seem to be suggesting exists.

Same. I'll be online from time to time, but I'll be learning about a lot of things offline. Look, learn and look forward to what I want my character to become online.

either way, both players in your example are just seeking bragging rights.

I'll play offline story/extra whenever online is not available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-25 09:45 ]</font>

Well, if you want to play offline, these days are the times to do it. It's currently at the time in which you can still learn a lot from Offline, partially because you'll get a good taste of stuff that's not online yet. And the various class comparisons wont really be off by much, so you can quickly experiment and get the feel down.

Plus, it's probably better to unlock Extra mode now, than later.

PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

On 2006-10-25 09:43, Guilty-Mirage wrote:
    I'm not sure what a "stunner" is.

... I also haven't noticed any of the "offline hate" you seem to be suggesting exists.
    A stunner is one who is stunning. It's basically the definition of stun. So it's like "I stun you with my amazing powers." Like that.

Oh they are around here man. They are hidden around topics and inbetween post. Most think offline story mode is worthless and such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-25 09:47 ]</font>

well can't change how they think about offline story, it doesn't matter anyways, just ignore them.

You never thought that people may enjoy interacting with other real people, instead of just some NPCs? Maybe this online business is going right over your head.

A stunner is one who is stunning. So it's like "I stun you with my amazing powers." Like that.
    I've never heard that term in my entire life.

Well, anyway...

Oh they are around here man. They are hidden around topics and inbetween post. Most think offline story mode is worthless and such.
    ... I think you may be imagining things.

Some people may not care about offline mode, and why should they? It's not like playing offline mode somehow makes one a better player than someone who only plays online, or vice versa. If there are those who only want to play online with other people and don't care about the storyline at all, why should they waste time playing story mode or extra mode?

No reason at all.

No one's going to be "stunning" in PSU. There will be players who do their job in a group, are nice, and act like a team player, and there will be bad players who do the opposite. This isn't .hack where there are legendary "OMG IT'S SOANDSO, THEY'RE SO AMAZING" players.

With controls this simple, this isn't like a fighting game where some people who practice a lot become far better than people who play casually. Everyone who cares enough to try will be just as good as the person that plays almost 24/7.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guilty-Mirage on 2006-10-25 09:51 ]</font>