Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Hunter

I was wondering if it "easier" to find good rares in ultimate mode as opposed to playing hard/v.hard. And if so, isn't it mainly the only place to find ver.2 rares? (besides from episode 2) I'd like to hear many comments on this and recieve many opinions. Thanks alot for all of your input

...and sadly I have no online playing ability, just incase you are wondering.....

In Vers 2, you could find alot of rares almost constantly in Ultimate mode.

There were times I'd find about 8+ rares in one run through any of the areas.

I haven't played Ultimate mode for Episode 1 & 2 yet..but I'd beleive it's the same. The higher the difficulty, the better the chance of finding rares, and better rares.

Atleast thats how it's always been for me.
    Look, he did it again.

Senior Hunter

Thanks for yuor info

Yeah, I was playing in Ult. FOrest and seeing that I'm a low lvl right now, it was very hard...no ULTIMATE. lol... Those bartles will get to ya after a while...

oh and if anyone who reads this could, PLEASE LEAVE A LIST OF SOME OR ALL RARES FOUNS IN ULT OFFLINE VER.1! THANKS!

well not all v2 items are ONLY found in ultimate mode.
    i found 5 elysions in vhard forest, and yea u can find a lot of the v2 items throughout the game

I love the cutest girl at Hinata-Sou FinalMasterM's Avatar
    On top of the roof, looking at the sky, with Shinobu.

Sorry to say, but I've already gone through Ult mode and the rare drop is just as if you were playing ver.1 again.

But more offten, so far I've gotten 1-3 (different)rares per area after playing them 2-5 times. I've not seen a Red Weapon yet, nor have I seen any mass drops of rare items (heck I've still not seen a God/Unit, guessing it's a hard find unless you're Redria).

Wow..so they did change it for Episode 1 & 2. I thought they'd keep the rare finds the same for Ultimate, since you used to pretty much require a good rare to do decent damage. I remember trying to hack at the Bartles for the first time with my Chainsawd max grind...the red "Miss"s still give me nightmares. o-O

I ended up using a Varista until I came across a Red Handgun, right before the Ice Dragon and lvl 101. Yes..that was sooo much fun afterwards.

Ah well..atleast it'll be more interesting this time around. =D
    Look, he did it again.

Well they majorly toned down Ultimate mode. I beat Falz on Very-Hard and then took my main character (at the time level 59) into Ultimate. The damage was mediocre, but she was hitting consistantly with a Vulcan. A VULCAN! Mechgun type with nominal ATP and ATA and she was holding her own. Took me under an hour to clear the forest with only that Vulcan. In ver.2 that would have been an impossibility. It's a lot harder online/offline-multiplayer I imagine. But on my first trip thru the Ulti forest all I found was a Kaladbolg. Not very reassuring.

You guys expect way to much from this game, the rares airnt just going to "fall" in your lap. You need to work for the good ones thats why they have the title of "SPECIAL WEAPON" You cant just go through a lvl once and expect to find a bunch of good rares, if that was the case everyone would have lots of rares. Whats the fun in that? "All I got was a Kaladbolg on my first run though ULTIMATE Forest, thats not very reasuring" WTF are you talking about? What did you expect a BERDYSH? You will get your rares just be patient. Damn

You guys act like a bunch of cry babies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOGuyver on 2002-11-14 08:13 ]</font>

Guyver knows what he's talking about at least... Just, he should be a little less harsh, with his input... =/
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...

...not all of us were "complaining". You have to remember that the majority of people here are used to playing Vers 2, Ultimate mode. We'd find atleast 7 rares in one pass through an area.

Everyone is just now getting used to the rare distribution system.

I can't complain, I'm lvl 52 and I've found atleast 5 or 6 rare weapons, which is great. Alot of people realise the game isn't about finding rares, but if thats what some people want to turn the game into, a big quest for rares, than thats fine, they are still enjoying the game. =)
    Look, he did it again.