Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

edit: nevermind this thread, just found out that it was like 2680 kb of space required.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-26 05:00 ]</font>
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

I wonder how they will fit the bigger updates on the PS2 Memory card. Didn't the PC version just went through a 100-200MB update? Maybe the PC version will need more updates since it's intended to run on innumerable hardware configurations?

Most of the updates are done server-side, so nothing gigantic will be put on a PS2 memory card.

That being said, you can only do so much with 8 MB of space. (Less usually, for anyone who's ever played SOCOM I >_>)
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Maybe future updates will utilise usb hard-drives for PS2. Sonic Team would be wise to have implemented such a future, you can never predict what kind of updates might be necessary. It just isn't true that everything in the game can be patched server side or that client-side patches will always be smaller than 8mb.

Exactly what I was thinking Dingo, The Hard-drives have way more than enough space for all updates, im pretty sure thats what sega's doing.

Sony dropped their Hard Drive support because the Slimline PS2 can't make use of it. That's why Sega stuck to Memory Cards.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Guys get real, you know PS2 won't have to update 200MB files to their Memory Card.

well what-ever the case, this better not affect what new patches and add-ons we get in the future. I swear if I see that my friend who is playing pc gets an update that we ps2 gamers dont get, im complaining

It was your choice of platform, you'd be the only one at fault.

Like I said, there's only so much you can do with 8 megs of breathing room.

Yo Zeta, I paid 20$ for a used Memory Card, 20$ for 8MB cmon now...