Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

This is seriously outdated isn't it?

You're the one bumping it a year later. However I do believe this is on the list of floating stickies. Shim left about a year ago which is why it hasn't been updated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2008-03-21 22:29 ]</font>

Yeah, i was laughing at all te noob sauce in this thread. Fortegunner being the worst solo class, lmao. It was a serious topic then, but in retrospect it's laughable. This would be a good topic to write a current guide for. With EX devices and more NPCs there are alot more combinations. it would be nice to have some suggestions of which npc's would be the most beneficial for different classes.

I've been thinking about doing a quick Fanboy's Solo guide, since I've been soloing so much lately anyway.

I'll probably type one up in the next couple of days.

Shim was HARDLY the most neutral, calm, discourse-capable person to which to entrust a guide neways...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2008-03-21 23:19 ]</font>

Didn't read most of the topic, but something I've found over the past two days or so.

A combination of Leo and Tonnio, with their power nanoblasts and frequent use of said nanoblast, works better for me than any other NPC/PM combination I've found so far.

This is on GT, so I can do my own buffing/SEing/healing/whatever. The one thing I lack is really devastating physicals. A Nanoblasted beast with the Power badge easily provides that.

Normally, the AI just kinda targets whatever it feels like. But when nanoblasted, they stick close to you, and you can kinda drag them around to the biggest threat. Gives you far more control over who they attack than you have when they're non-blasted.

I could just bring my PM and Tonnio, but bringing the second Beast NPC gives two shots at one of them using a blast. They occasionally use it at stupid times, but very rarely will they both use it in quick succession. I pick them over Laia because the power blast does more damage, and they use theirs more.

Would probably pick them over Tylor, too. He's more useful in "normal" mode, but his invincible blast does less damage and doesn't last as long. The benefit of the power blast is that, despite the stupid AI, they've got enough raw power to smash anything in a few hits.

One of them blasting in a fight where they can be healed by you and put in range of the enemies will win that fight. An NPC fighting "normally" doesn't have that kind of spawn-clearing power. At least, not that you can semi-control.

This may be useful, or may not. I'll try to clean it up and make it coherent when I'm not so tired.

Don't worry, buddy; I'll be putting together a nice and easy solo guide in the next couple of days. Every class has a different NPC that's best to pick; by far the Tonnio/Leo pair is topnotch for AT, GT, and even WT.

Fortegunner

This is the worst class for solo play.
    lol
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

OK, I wrote my own damned guide because Shim was crazy.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...630&forum=22&0