Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ive played 500 hours of psu and i have seen every pm in battle. the 450 is the ideal pm for EVERY char, hands down. none of the npcs cast resta or jellen as well as it does, but many of em are good tanks/melee fighters, such as Leia or Leo.

For the chars who arent force, you will need to create additional Pm's on other chars so you can synth the items you need, but the 450 is always the best pm to take w/ you in battle.

i think shimarisu doesnt realize that everyone has access to all of the npcs. currently in the jp ver, you can get the cards for Leia and Lou, regardless of what char you play. if you really want a melee char to tank for you, just use Leia, the beast woman. or use Leo when he is availible later.

i dont wanna see you guys regreting it later, so hopefully this post will be some help.
    Quit PSO2

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

I HAVE JP GODDAMNIT.

CHRIST YOU GUYS ARE ANNOYING.

Not giving any advice on the internet ever again. Always argued with by smarmy know it alls who waste all my time.

Oh look it's my (pure POW!) GH-410 tanking while I shoot at a distance.

On the JP server.

WOW I KNOW NOTHING HUH.

Edit: I have 600 hours on PSU. My e-penis is THIIIIIIIS BIG.

<------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Edit: E-penis broke the tables.

You're also contradicting yourself when you say pure mind is a waste unless you're a pure FO, then turn around and say your FO shouldn't have a FO PM at the end of your post.
    Contradicting nothing. I said it would be a good idea to keep it on another character, ESPECIALLY if that character is a hunter.

If you have more than one character you do not want 450 on your Force. You only have 4 slots, you want them spread out.

Oh, and 180K for the best wand I can equip? Well aware of it. That's a damn sight cheaper than the pure mind PM though. And the RA PM on my wartecher is GREAT. It shocks a good deal of things I'm attacking up close.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-27 11:10 ]</font>

On 2006-10-27 10:55, -Shimarisu- wrote:
    Not giving any advice on the internet ever again. Always argued with by smarmy know it alls who waste all my time.

Oh look it's GH-410 tanking while I shoot at a distance.

On the JP server.

WOW I KNOW NOTHING HUH.

Edit: I have 600 hours on PSU. My e-penis is THIIIIIIIS BIG.

<------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Edit: E-penis broke the tables.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-27 11:01 ]</font>
    Was all that even really necessary? We're not trying to be annoying know-it-alls, we're just trying to give another perspective for people to make decisions. Some people (like us) prefer the GH-450, some don't (like you). Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and we're just trying to give people all the facts that we can.

I'm afraid to say you've desecrated your own thread with your negative posting and talk of 'e-penis'. I think Inazuma is just trying to make the point that he has put in alot of game time, and has good experience with the GH-450. Why can't you just give him credit for that and let it be?

As an aside, the pic is out of context to the type of tanking I'm referring to. Depending on how that person is playing. Perhaps it's because of my playstyle, but even when I have the female Beast NPC out infront attacking, when I use my Technics the monsters come at me, that's all I was trying to say.

empyreal observer

I don't want to get in the middle here (I'm just a NA version newbie) but, for the record, I appreciate everyone's input into this topic. I didn't read any Shiramisu bashing in the earlier posts, but then again its ALWAYS tough to read tone in posts and emails and stuff.

I hope everyone with PM experience keeps posting here. This is really cool info.

Thank-you!
    >Everyone

On 2006-10-27 11:07, Spellbinder wrote:

I'm afraid to say you've desecrated your own thread with your negative posting and talk of 'e-penis'.
    Yeah that was the basic intention I believe.

I felt talked down to I'm afraid.

Meh I'm in a bad mood. Waiting on my US PSU to get here from the states while all my friends play it and chat about it.

Sorry guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-27 11:13 ]</font>

Clearly not me, I'm not on US.

Great guide, very useful. Probably gonna end up with a 100 Def PM on my Ranger first, then the 30 mind 70 pow one on my Hunter. Man these things are expensive pasttimes though, and money in Online Mode is still pretty scarce. Hope it picks up a bit at 35+ to get the cash to really grow these things.

Fortetecher

The best PM here would technically melee, but if you're an all out nuker you may want to consider the RA based PMs. This is the most verstaile class in terms of a good PM to pick. I'm really not sure what would be best, but obviously you don't want 450 as a battle PM here. Let your decision rest on what items you want to synth for your other characters. Also you can constantly resta any NPC that comes along, so you aren't really in for a hard time whatever you pick. IMO though a Fortetecher should always be a newman. It's a little wasted on other races.

EDIT

On the topic of enemy AI, a clear answer on who the enemy goes after would be nice.

Do the enemies always attack whoever deals more damage (i.e. Nukers)? Is it based on distance at all? I don't see any reason to have a tank PM that can't hold enemies off once you cast a tech.

Does anyone know if the AI takes healing into account?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wickerman on 2006-10-28 13:06 ]</font>

[quote]On 2006-10-28 12:43, Wickerman wrote:

Do the enemies always attack whoever deals more damage (i.e. Nukers)?
    I really haven't seen this. AI seems to be varied. A lot of Rangers will swear to you blind the enemy will ditch the HU and run at them full pelt. (I play with o ne who complains a LOT about this.)

Most people would be suited to the 450, but if you ARE making multiple characters, you need to match them better to maximise both your battle and synthing potential.

It's worth remembering too, on a FO character, a non restaing PM will level your resta.