Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

I dunno, but I always see people playing Episode I. I don't get it... yes Episode II is harder, but sheesh. I see nothing but hard and vhard EPI games, and maybe a couple of EPII games.

Maybe someone can explain to me why? @_@

I was kinda wondering about that too.

I'd play ep 2 online if I could get online. Seriously I was worried because I haven't seen ep 2 maps but the layout isn't to complex. Walkin the unknown labyrinths can be pretty neat, not knowing exactly everything.

When the guides start coming out then I know it may be more even. Besides there are some rares you can only get from ep2 or something.

most likely no one has any of the EP2 stages unlocked and they hate the temple area. personally i hate the temple and space ship area's very boring.

On 2002-11-14 20:00, DarthWufei wrote:
    I dunno, but I always see people playing Episode I. I don't get it... yes Episode II is harder, but sheesh. I see nothing but hard and vhard EPI games, and maybe a couple of EPII games.

Maybe someone can explain to me why? @_@
    in my opinion, episode II isn't as fun as episode I. call me crazy, but i still love the classic levels even from the very first day of PSO v1. sure i like to have some fun and play the new levels with some friends, the levels are really pretty

but all and all, i just enjoy playing EPI a lot more than EPII

Ep2 blows basically- well, the VR levels do. I haven't gotten beyond them because they suck so badly. I figure it is only worth the effort to unlock them in Ultimate mode.

Ep2 makes absurd use of traps, which sucks bigtime due to the absence of trap/search.

Furthermore, the level designers actually thought it would be a good idea to use the worst aspects of PSO as a way to increase difficulty- namely, the terrible camera and the abysmal auto targetting.

The use of narrow passages, columns everywhere, etc. exacerbates these problems.

Add to this the poor xp, the crappy loot, and the mix of multiple creature attributes (eliminating weapon selection tactics), and you have crappy gameplay.

It's simply because Episode 2 is harder. First of all, I refute the claim that the temple is made harder by cheap methods. Forcing you to be in melee range with the enemy is /very/ important. IE: Rangers can't always sit back and wait anymore. Oh no, turn the tight corner and, WHAM! Hildebear! It has a much more balanced design, but it's /HARD/.

After you finish the VR levels it gets MUCH more intresting. I only saw a little bit, but what I saw was amazing. From what I've played of Ep.2 after the VR area, the levels are a lot more natural, a lot less repetive, and more intresting in the way there seems to be a story (and an NPC I actually like talking too) as well as diffrent setups than just, kill the boss.

But compared to levels everyone knows and is used to, Ep2 is just a whole lot harder, and supposedly doesn't drop items as well. However it does seem like some rares only appear in Ep2. Once people realize what those are they'll be drawn in to get those rares.

I play Episode 2 a lot offline because nobody ever plays it online... The VR missions are boring, but I like the other missions. I like the idea of having a male and female version of each enemy. The levels are harder, and I'm still a low level, so I haven't seen everything yet. I was going to beat Episode 1 on Normal and then beat Episode 2, but I was getting really bored of Episode 1... I like the level layouts of Episode 2 more myself. I'm already pretty bored with Episode 1, and beating all those quests again is getting really monotonous-so I plan to be playing Episode 2 a lot more now.

On 2002-11-14 20:49, Ruby-chan wrote:
    It's simply because Episode 2 is harder. First of all, I refute the claim that the temple is made harder by cheap methods. Forcing you to be in melee range with the enemy is /very/ important. IE: Rangers can't always sit back and wait anymore. Oh no, turn the tight corner and, WHAM! Hildebear! It has a much more balanced design, but it's /HARD/.
    You're exactly right, it is made harder by cheap methods. Rangers aren't Hunters.

On 2002-11-14 21:32, Etrigan wrote:

You're exactly right, it is made harder by cheap methods. Rangers aren't Hunters.
    Forcing situations where the enemy always can't be engaged at ranges is /far/ from cheap. How do you think the hunters like having to fight DF's final form? Or waiting for De Rol Lee to hop onto the raft? Do you hear the hunters calling it cheap because some monsters stay out of melee range? Therefore if you have no problem with all the monsters not being easy to get into melee range, you must accept it's also fair for monsters to force you into melee range.