Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was playing in MINES 2 on Hard and got to a room with 2 Sinow Beats and those annoying flying things (forget name). Well I go into the room and get a little overwhelmed so I back out the door into the hallway to heal. One of the Sinow Beats just stands there right in the doorway, refusing to go back to his spawn location. I try to quickly run past him into the room, but alas he beats me like a red-headed stepchild. So back into the hallway. I try again, this time swing at him with my DRAGON SLAYER +9 from just inside the hallway but my swings go right through him and he continues to beat on me. Mes thinks its time to run away again...he thinks otherwise I guess because he continues to follow and hit me all the way through the hallway. WTF?!? I thought enemies couldn't leave the room they spawn in. Damn neared died! I ran like a little girl across the next room and thankfully he didn't seem able (or willing) to leave the hall and returned his original spawn location (where I would soon teach him a lesson in @!$-kicking. Guess I deserved this for acting like a wuss and running in the first place. Just thought I'd warn you guys.

hmmmm I smell bullshit.

No BS here, I'm tellin' you this happend. My guess is its some little glitch. Probably because we were fighing right in the doorway. I will see if I can get it to happen again.

It's not BS. This has been documented before several times. It seems to happen with Chaos bringers and Sinows the most.

Doorways are tricky things. I can't say I've ever seen enemies actually leave a room, but I can't say for sure i couldn't happen.

The thing that annoys me some times is how MUCH of an advantage enemies have when it comes to doors. Sure, usually, they can't leave the room, but it doesn't stop them from trying. Players are hindered by the fact that their attacks do NOTHING even a step or two inside a room (some rooms I needed to be a good 6 or 7 steps inside of). Enemies on the other hand are not as limited. I know I've been clearly on the other side of a door and they just went on hitting me anyway.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Xaken on 2001-02-24 19:32 ]</font>

The same thing has happened to me. Its not BS. The thing actually came into the hallway. I was very surprised when it happened!

PSO Assassin

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times too... it's kind of funny... especially when you're halfway down the hallway and the enemy is tearing into you but you can't hit back ;p.

Just a lil' bit old school. Mazarin's Avatar

I had a missile chase me into another room once. It hit me too...

anything that "charges" at you eg. sinow beats and chaos bringers...can follow you into a room and deal damage. The path of trajectory doesn't stop at the doorway, it follows you into the hallway and they hit you like they own you!

Rappy Hunter

This is true..it has happened to me with sinow beasts....damn did i got my @$$ kiked..