Thread: HELP! Error 051

Okay... I'm sort of panicky right now and I need an immediate response. So I try to log in to network mode today on my PS2... and it says "Checking for system file updates" and it stays there for like a few minutes... then it stops and gives me an error message that says:

Error 051
    Could not connect to server. Server may be undergoing matenance right now. Please check official website for server status.

So I did.

And the servers, apparently, are online.

Please tell me there's some sort of matenance going on... I'd hate to not be able to log in or have something wrong here.

Servers are up, must be a problem with your router or ISP.

Pay your bills!

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

My router and Isp are working fine. I tested them both... what the hell is going on?

Give us a better idea of your setup. Who is your ISP? Is it DSL, T connection or cable? Is the PS2 hooked directly to the router via an ethernet cable (and not a crossover cable?) Does your ISP block any ports? What is the firewall setting on your router?

ha u beat me to it

On 2006-10-29 11:14, VioletSkye wrote:
    Give us a better idea of your setup. Who is your ISP? Is it DSL, T connection or cable? Is the PS2 hooked directly to the router via an ethernet cable (and not a crossover cable?) Does your ISP block any ports? What is the firewall setting on your router?
    My ps2 is directly connected to it with an ethernet cable. My ISP doesn't block ports and there's no firewall setting. All of my connections were working yesterday, and the day before that just fine.