Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    If I get the BSOD one more time...

Well, I've been reading a lot of rants on the offical PSU forums about theories and everyone flaming each other into oblivion... I figured this community is mature enough to be able to discuss something like this without having to turn into a consumer viewpoint against fanboy flame war.. so here goes.

The content in this game right now is simply lacking. Sure, some stuff is there, but I was expecting more. I realize some might try and start with "PSO was like this" but keep in mind, PSO came out on the Dreamcast in 2006, over 6 years ago (According to Wikipedia)
    So the lack of content shouldn't be an issue. It seems to me like this game was almost made half-assed. I realize that it was strongly reccomended to play the Single-Player first (Even in the instruction manual) but I didn't buy this game to play it offline. (Besides, the voice acting in the story is utterly horrid to the point where it turns me away from the game)

What I don't understand is, Why does the JP version of the game already have atleast 1 update (and another planned) when the NA version does not? It was confirmed that we play on the same servers as the JP (Atleast for 360, which is the version I play) and I have yet to see a JP player with me, which leads me to believe that we are actually on different servers because of content. I feel cheated that they have it and we don't, which i'm sure can be felt by others as well.

I realize there are many issues that must be delt with, such as patching and fixing bugs etc, but if another country already has the content, it leads me to believe that it's not a network issue as much as a translation one. I can understand that it must take time, but why release a game that's only half complete? (Yes, i'm referring to the online portion as the only portion because thats what this whole post is about.)

Now I'm not trying to whine and complain about the situation as much as I am trying to understand and get answers. Don't get me wrong, i've been playing Phantasy Star since V1 on the Dreamcast (online!) and I love the series. I feel that since other games have so much content and charge just a few dollars more per month, that PSU should be offering atleast somewhat comperable content.

I'll admit, I haven't played all of the content yet, but it just seems the same to me. I've done all of the missions atleast on C, and some on B.. but it just doesn't intrest me that I can't get better gear. I know it's just been out a week, but I'm already in my 20's, with a 5 Star Synthed weapon and i'm running out of things to do. Any suggestions on what I could do in the game would also be welcomed.

I am curious as to what the rest of PSO-W thinks as a community about the fact we (NA users anyway) don't have half of the content that the JP userbase does.

JP version has been out longer, and I don't think ST has the force of other large ORPG companies, nor the budget.

Simple, the Jp version has been out for a few months. We just got ours last week.

On 2006-10-31 13:46, Jiga wrote:
    JP version has been out longer, and I don't think ST has the force of other large ORPG companies, nor the budget.
    While I can see the budget issue being a key concern, is the JP version not the same game as the NA version? Granted there might be slight regional differences, do you think that means there should be such a major difference?

The Jp version has been out longer. It doesn't get much more complicated than that. Do you really think it would've been fair to make them wait 2 or 3 months til we got it before they got a content update?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-10-31 13:51 ]</font>

I'm pretty sure the tJapanese 360 version hasn't been released yet. Unless I'm mistaken...

On 2006-10-31 13:47, Russ2576 wrote:
    Simple, the Jp version has been out for a few months. We just got ours last week.
    :werd:

On 2006-10-31 13:50, Russ2576 wrote:
    The Jp version has been out longer. It doesn't get muhc complicated than that. Do you really think it would've been fair to make them wait 2 or 3 months til we got it before they got a content update?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-10-31 13:51 ]</font>
    I feel that would be unquestionably a terrible business decision; However, I feel that we should have already has this content released to us in a patch at release.

On 2006-10-31 13:51, Schubalts wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the tJapanese 360 version hasn't been released yet. Unless I'm mistaken...
    That explains a lot of things, and I can understand why the content is sort of on standby with that. However, is it a platform issue or something larger?

On 2006-10-31 13:52, PJesus wrote:
    On 2006-10-31 13:50, Russ2576 wrote:
    The Jp version has been out longer. It doesn't get muhc complicated than that. Do you really think it would've been fair to make them wait 2 or 3 months til we got it before they got a content update?

I feel that would be unquestionably a terrible business decision; However, I feel that we should have already has this content released to us in a patch at release.
    Eh, we're on a different time schedule than they are. If we were all playing together, than yeah, we'd have that update. But we're not.