Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm recieving this message before the title screen. It prompts me with a "Yes" or a "No" to delete my file. If I say "No", it won't let me procede to play.

This is very interesting since I've never tried to cheat, modify, or alter my character data. I have also never used the "dupe" bug or done anything that would cause corruption. I've always quit/save, too.

The last time I played I got disconnected from the server when logging on. I was disconnected right after the dial-up screen, but before ship select.

I believe this is what corrupted my character. If you're disconnected at a certain point when logging on, it can damage your character data. This is a PSOv1 and v2 bug that apparently hasn't been fixed.

Using official nintendo card?

Of course. I'm not careless.

[Edit: I wrote "Of course not" by mistake. I am using an official memory card]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zophar on 2002-11-17 18:52 ]</font>

i feel your pain, i had this same thing happen and it took 4 characters.and so i've started over and wow does it suck.but i cant lvl up b/c for some reason my gamecube is broken...something's wrong with it.but whenever i turn it on it says "cant read disc, plz check the GC manual"
    too bad i lost the manual but i havent been able to play in days

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

There's your reason to buy a official memory card with Nintendo's seal of quality.

The only seal of quality that actually means something!

I'm not exactly upset over it. I was only level 65. Anyway, your problem sounds more severe. Try running another game on your Gamecube and see if it loads. If the same error persists, try "cleaning" your laser lens.

Take a soft cloth and gently swipe the surface of the laser. Contact Nintendo if this doesn't help.

Nintendo decided to be stingy. Or maybe it's just some fuzzy math on part of the GC and PSO. But, either way, it'll continue to erase your data unless you're using and official Nintendo memory card. Sucks, don't it? Yeah, I went out and bought a second memory card JUST FOR PSO... And then I discovered that you had to use a Nintendo memory card to play online. I found out the hard way. Lost a lv. 19 character. ((Not that that was much, but hey.))

Darth, I was using an official memory card. I had made a typing error in my previous post. This isn't something I caused, it's a bug. It's existed since PSOv1 and took my first legitimate character.

It happens when your connection is interupted at a specific time while connecting to the "log-on" server.

I've actually gotten this message at least a dozen times so far. I've never had to format my memory cards, tho. What I do when that message comes up is just pull out the memory card, wait a few seconds, then put it back in. Clears it right up. It's just some kind of communication error between the Gamecube and the memory card (at least in my case), so it's easy to fix.

On 2002-11-17 18:32, Zophar wrote:

Of course. I'm not careless.

[Edit: I wrote "Of course not" by mistake. I am using an official memory card]
    Was I the only one that found this message to be...self-contradictory?

-- Barubary