just curious if anyone could give me a quick rundown on how the races compare on damage output and survivability. also, do rangers get any guns along the lines of the claire weapons?

isnt there a area for that in this site like it rates what the newman casts beasts and humams are like health:a and all that maybe someone could give a link?

no thats not it but thnx anyway oh well i tried finding it but i had no luck

Well, Id say a CAST ranger has more power, accuracy and survivability than both the human and the newman.
    Higher HP,ATP,ATA and DFP by default

Newmans get higher evasion, meaning more 0s
    Coming Soon!

Never giving up

In that comparison, CAST wins in all feilds for ranger stats, presuming theres no fleshy only uber guns to come out later ^-^

Cast if the offensive ranger, Newman is the defensive ranger, human is meh

Post related to this topic:

On 2006-10-20 19:05, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    Its not completely "technically" inferior. In a strict DPS scenario, yes, the cast wins out. But in actual play the newman is actually the more defensive ranger. I know that sounds weird, but its true. I'm a statistics kind of person, so I like numbers:

Cast Ranger:
    ~2% greater ATA (after class bonuses)
    (at level 50, this comes alot closer to 1% with weapons equipped. Basically non-existant other than MAYBE being able to equip a weapon a level earlier)
    ~25% greater natural ATP (after class bonuses)
    (at level 50, this is roughly 10% more combined ATP on rifles/handguns, 15-20% more combined ATP on mechguns/shotguns)
    ~20% greater HP (after class bonuses)
    ~25% greater DEF (after class bonuses)
    (at level 50, with 5s grm armor, this is about a 10% difference in DEF, even less of a difference with better armor)

Newman Ranger:
    ~50% greater EVA (class not effected)
    (at level 50, with grm armor, about 30% difference in EVA, less with better armor)
    ~275% greater MST (class not effected)
    (at level 50, with grm armor, about 50% difference in MST, less with better armor)

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, yes, a cast statistically has better DPS and stats. But because of the bonuses you get for leveling your class and the addition of weapons and armor, these advantages become almost not noticable. A 10% difference is barely noticable. Mechguns are noticable, but they're more of a utility weapon than a damage weapon, so that difference is also negligable. When it comes down to it, you have two options:

1) More HP and effectiveness with shotguns
    2) More EVA and MST

Oh, and right now, I'm trying out a beast ranger. Assuming you dont miss, that should outdamage cast by a long shot.
    Coming Soon!