Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

This is how I've always done BD C runs:

First thing's first: Group your team. Group as follows:

-DPS group-your two party members who deal the most damage.
    -Non-DPS group-your two party members who deal the least damage.
    -Bruce group-the person with Bruce.

When the mission starts, have the DPS group go left with Bruce group. When the non-DPS group unlocks the first door, you'll be able to flatten the next room in no time.

When you beat the first dark room, have Bruce group go it alone to the portals. Bruce will (YES, HE WILL) tell you the portal:

-"Pistol skills": Left
    -"One-handed sword": Right
    -"Only one answer": Forward
    -Anything Else: Back

Bruce can go it alone, because it's only three vandas. >>

As for the key, whoever gets there first can pick it up. The rest continue on.

Have your Ranger split from you here to go through the gates to kill the vandas and get the key.

The rest should be doing the following:

-Person who's best with the switches guiding the Ranger.
    -One person should be killing the Lapuchas that spawn.
    -The rest should be at the door.

For block 2:

Have the DPS group go right. They'll catch up. Have the non-DPS group go with Bruce, left. Have one of those people (any really) stay at the door to kill the Vandas.

When it comes to the turn near the end, have the highest damage dealer go right and the rest go left. (Person 2 from the DPS groups goes with you)

This should yield good results, it's done so for me.
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Any suggestions on what a lvl 46/3 beast fortefighter should have?

I'm guessing fire and ice twin daggers for Vandas and lapachus, but what should i have for Vears and kogs? What weapons and PAs are best for them, also is a 24% earth Rabol Asted good enough for Vears on B?

Thank you in advance for the answers

On 2007-01-26 02:50, Makai_Fan wrote:
    Any suggestions on what a lvl 46/3 beast fortefighter should have?

I'm guessing fire and ice twin daggers for Vandas and lapachus, but what should i have for Vears and kogs? What weapons and PAs are best for them, also is a 24% earth Rabol Asted good enough for Vears on B?

Thank you in advance for the answers
    Plasma vs the bears, no earth. But those spears that drop there grinded a bit are perfectly fine for the bears. I actually recommend any plasma spear though. Just so happens Cog Nadd drop that 5* 24% plasma spear.

great guide. i learned a few things i didnt know before.

thanks Itsuki and everyone else who pitched in. Bruce's is a fun mission with some great rewards.

bruce C rank is an easy A, aand a probably S condering you choose an experienced party leader, and your party mates don't play on the PS2...

Why do people make Bruce's out to be so monstrous? Its ridiculously easy so long as you show some common sense and are willing to give up all hope of getting an S- and even if you want to try for an S, just be quick with your healing items or have a compotent force around.

Hint: When a monster starts doing his Hagar/Zangief impression, MOVE AWAY AND USE A MATE. For goodness' sake, the attack actually tends to knock you away anyway, so you won't even have to move far.

The *ONE TIME* anyone was actually willing to let me into their party for a Bruce B run (I'm level 44), my party did not contain a single person at or above level 60 and we still got an A easily.

Whats with people anyway? It was the same way with C runs.

I had so much difficulty finding a party, so when I finally leveled up enough to get accepted into C run parties, I was ready for the challenge of a lifetime. Imagine my surprise when the most difficult aspects were:

1: Don't die

2: Step on this switch when I tell you to.

-_-;

I really think that you could train a Chimpanzee to do this. He'd probably need a modified controller with bigger buttons, and a healthy supply of fruit to serve as rewards in lieu of meseta, but come on.

"When health bar goes down, move away, drink healing potion. When man reaches red lasers, step on switch."

P.S. I realize that A and S runs are likely a great deal harder, especially given the level cap, but I've seen this attitude with C and B runs, which is, imho, ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-27 04:26 ]</font>

So, just to make sure, you have to kill all monsters to get S rank right? People have been telling me you can skip mobs, but I've failed S because of skipping a few vandas.

On 2007-03-10 17:33, Yukichi wrote:
    So, just to make sure, you have to kill all monsters to get S rank right? People have been telling me you can skip mobs, but I've failed S because of skipping a few vandas.
    I don't believe you can skip any mobs. Though I'm not 100% certain.

Thanks for reply.

Now that I think about it, there are only 4 mobs that you can possibly skip. All in B1. First being the birds towards the right of start, second the vandas behind the gates, third and fourth the birds and vandas at the switches.

I've had a party that skilled the 2 vandas at switches, and recieved an A reward.

These people I grouped with claimed that you can skip the birds at the switches.

I've always been confused to as to how the spawn at the switches work. If you kill the birds, what triggers the vandas to spawn. It seems to be tied into weither or not the birds were killed, the vandas behind gates were killed, and if the birds near end of B1 were killed.

If I can get my friends to get online, I might go and do some testing on this. I doubt I can do any testing with a random group as it seems all the C groups has at least 1 person who is smoking pencil shavings wrapped in coffee filters.

PSO launchday DC OG...

On 2007-01-27 04:24, Sephlock wrote:
    Why do people make Bruce's out to be so monstrous? Its ridiculously easy so long as you show some common sense and are willing to give up all hope of getting an S- and even if you want to try for an S, just be quick with your healing items or have a compotent force around.

Hint: When a monster starts doing his Hagar/Zangief impression, MOVE AWAY AND USE A MATE. For goodness' sake, the attack actually tends to knock you away anyway, so you won't even have to move far.

The *ONE TIME* anyone was actually willing to let me into their party for a Bruce B run (I'm level 44), my party did not contain a single person at or above level 60 and we still got an A easily.

Whats with people anyway? It was the same way with C runs.

I had so much difficulty finding a party, so when I finally leveled up enough to get accepted into C run parties, I was ready for the challenge of a lifetime. Imagine my surprise when the most difficult aspects were:

1: Don't die

2: Step on this switch when I tell you to.

-_-;

I really think that you could train a Chimpanzee to do this. He'd probably need a modified controller with bigger buttons, and a healthy supply of fruit to serve as rewards in lieu of meseta, but come on.

"When health bar goes down, move away, drink healing potion. When man reaches red lasers, step on switch."

P.S. I realize that A and S runs are likely a great deal harder, especially given the level cap, but I've seen this attitude with C and B runs, which is, imho, ridiculous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-27 04:26 ]</font>
    You forgot the part about being a human non spell caster... Worse than a Dragoon LFG on Fenrir!!!

I get passed over for a cast or a beast all the time. Funny thing is, alot of the time, they are carrying 3-4 weapons. They have 4 star armor. Way poorly equiped...