Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

They sure do to me. I remember fighting Vol Opt or De Rol Le or Gal Gryphon and remembering how unique and epic the fights were, but in PSU the bosses just seem blander and uninspired. And to add to it, some of the bosses are near identical to each other, like De Ragan and De Ragnus [I know there was Gol Dragon and the Forests Dragon in PSO, but they were resoundingly different fights, unlike these 2].

We were promised 15 bosses so lets hope that some of them actually deliver am I right?

Well, De Ragan is definitely more varied and difficult than the PSO Dragon.
    Coming Soon!

I myself enjoy the final boss.
    I just wish that story/extra mode was harder!

I believe that boss's have more variety, and require much more than button mashing in PSU [PSO you couldn't just button mash, but PSU basically kills button mashing in boss battles unless really high level]. Only reason I think they might be lackluster is that most people continue to do C ranks at level 25.

Button-mashing works in PSU though to an extent. I can sit here, and mash Square and Triangle. Things will die from the attacks, bosses will get beaten. It's a shame, I was hoping for a bit more tactical bosses, rather than running headlong and spamming PA's.

The bosses I've fought are.. pretty lame in difficulty to be honest. De Ragan is predictable as hell, Degahna is slow, and easy to get behind.

Onmagoug is the only one that's posed any sort of challenge so far, and only because my Beast has trouble hitting it in the air.

PSO bosses were easy as hell too, but at least they were visually interesting for the time. I think we're all sick of fighting De Ragan, we've seen too many Dragon bosses through PSO (for most of us.) Sadly, I find PSU lacklustre visually in a lot of aspects, which is a shame.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

they need to unlock more bosses to play, like the last one for example.

that would be AWESOME!

but no way it's gonna happen until like, next year or somethin'

Claw and crossbow aficionado

It seems to me the problem is that PSU bosses die too quickly. The first time I faced the adhana my team killed it in less then 10 seconds, not kidding. PSO's bosses took time, they were long, grueling affairs. Hopefully the bosses get stronger on the higher rankings, I've only done the B rank bosses, but the fights are definitely shorter than PSO's. I don't care how exotic a locale the fight is in, how weird the boss looks or what tactics are required to beat it, if the fight is over in less than a minute, that's not a boss battle.

Heh, I must of been trying to hard. De Ragen is pretty predictable, but button mashing doesn't seem to work with lower level characters >.>

Degahna actually posed a threat to me the first time I fought him in Story Mode. It took me 4 minutes to kill him, obtaining a C rank. Too bad he just got insanely easier in Online Mode.

I have yet to face Onmagoug online, but he proved a little challenge to Super Ethan.

Reconsidering, some PSO bosses are tougher and possibly tricker than PSU bosses currently. I just hope high mission levels will require much strategy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-11 08:47 ]</font>

PSU needs Olga Flow.
    A super-pumped Olga Flow with millions of HP, constantly spamming the sword-energy-shockwave attacks.
    You only have about a ~1 second interval before you´re hit by another shockwave, each dealing about 500 points of damage.

That´d be nice.

Super Olga Flow > level 15 Human Force

It would be nice.