Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This hurts.

First) It was a dumb decision, because if anyone wants to really "hack" or cheat... windowed or unwindowed isn't going to stop them.

Second) Running windowed and giving gamers things they WANT is a GOOD thing. Please die now, ok?

I had to make an account just to tell this person how dumb they were.

I've been playing FFXI on PC for over two years now. The fact that they try to force you into fullscreen is Dumb. D U M B. Dumb.

For the record...

Players who make poor choices and cheat, and Sega not working hard enough to stop them... Are what will hurt the game in the long run... Not the fact that you can run windowed.

God are you dumb. =

Being dumb > Being a monumental jerk

Right but who care?
    I wont argue hihihihi

lol?

Being dumb is bad, mkay?

No more crack rocks kids, aight?

And you can't really make an intelligent informed reply without being a part of the FFXI community and a PC gamer at that... because you wouldn't understand what a sore spot the fact that SE tried to force everyone into windowed mode is. You don't deal with "Gil Sellers" controlling your endgame on a daily basis... You quite simply are not a part of our "world" enough to understand why that statement is so collosally stupid.

So even if I'm being a jerk, I'm being a jerk in retalliation to how insultingly offensive that statement was.

regardless of nef's lack of eloquence, he's right about the windower business. forcing full screen has never prevented any 'hacking' or whatever. and honestly, i still think it's a joke that SE claims that full screen is enforced to prevent cheating. also, there're windowers for ffxi that do not provide scripting tools nor do they house the facilities to be utilized for that purpose. *high fives nef*

I feel both smarter and dumber for having read this topic...

I just found it strange that the guy went out of his way to:

A. Make an account to flame about a topic not really that popular
    B. Not reply to the post in the original thread

Which leads me to believe that this thread is more about attention-whoring than it is about the actual topic in question.

Lieutenant Colonel of the 6th Armored Division

So what happened to the Screenshot function?
    Guess PSU doesn't store them as bmps like PSOBB did...?

I would rather have them kept that then add a worthless windows feature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-13 10:24 ]</font>

I have played FFXI for almost 3 years now (will be three years in March of 07) I have played on a PC, PS2 and also a Xbox 360. When I played on a PC I did use a windower just to see what the all the fuss was about. It was nice to be able to see things like others TP in a party and also the % of health the mob has and such. I am a 75 Taru Summoner and the BP timer on screen was nice also. But I only played on the PC for about 6 months. No I play on my xbox all the time and although the added fetures where nice, I can still do a good job with out them.

Whats my point? Not sure. I guess what I am saying is that you dont need the windower to play the game right. It was/is just a nice thing that PC useres can use. Seeing how players that play on a PS2 and Xbox can not use such tools I can understand why SE does not want PC users to have them, to make it a fair gaming world for everyone. I play on Diablos btw.

Did this really need a dedicated thread?