Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eats alot of Ramen!

I'm trying to figure out what weapon type does more than knuckles.

I just used a B rank twin ripper (dagger) with 0% element and Rivet gloves with fire %. I fought those jumping things in the relics stage.

The knuckles hit 110 each hit for 4 hits, and the dagger hits 90 for 7 hits. Its alot more damage than the knuckles. Is this true? or am i calculating wrong.

4 x 110 = 440
    7 x 90 = 630

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

twin daggers are ridiculously strong and fast :/ Knuckles should hit for way more buyt they dont.

110x4=440
    90x5=450

The extra two hits are just the icing. Plus the Daggers have a PA that; especially on Twin Rippers, you almost never run the PP gauge clean on. Plus it's extremely powerful. I use nothing but Twin Rippers on my action palette at level 50. They get the job done with 30-50% element.

I probably should add a handgun for when De Ragan flies or when I do the rare Onmagodwhatishisname run... but I thoroughly enjoy when the Forces whine about me standing idle without a gun, so i'm leaning away from a Handgun more and more each day.

<.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-13 19:51 ]</font>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Eats alot of Ramen!

Man i really like knuckles but i guess they suck eh

On 2006-11-13 19:53, RamenEater wrote:
    Man i really like knuckles but i guess they suck eh
    You could argue that the Knuckles attack twice as fast with 4 hits, than the Twin Daggers do with 7 hits, but i'll not hear it. Twin Daggers are superior to Knuckles and that is that.

Try them both and get a sense of timing on them. It's more balanced than people realize. It's just that the daggers have that awesome PA... >.>

No matter what your favorite weapon is the damage of equivalent level weapons is so similiar that you aren't forced into using X-Sword and X-Shield. I love this because in most other online games everybody looked the same because the best weapon was the best, and had no competition. In PSU, they are all pretty much equal so you are relatively free to choose the weapon you like from looks, and not be a gimp because of lower damage output.

...now, PAs on the other hand, are a different story. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-13 19:57 ]</font>

Eats alot of Ramen!

The PA is good because of the AOE whirlwind thing right?

On 2006-11-13 20:00, RamenEater wrote:
    The PA is good because of the AOE whirlwind thing right?
    Yes. I do 600-something(individually) to whatever is dumb enough to surround me everytime I press the PA button. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-13 20:02 ]</font>

Eats alot of Ramen!

Wow, time for a new weapon.., now how are daggers compared to other close range weapons? Like saber, dual sabers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-11-13 20:03 ]</font>

On 2006-11-13 20:03, RamenEater wrote:
    Wow, time for a new weapon.., now how are daggers compared to other close range weapons? Like saber, dual sabers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RamenEater on 2006-11-13 20:03 ]</font>
    Uh... other close range weapons? Oh! Stuff besides Twin Daggers! Haha, right. Hmm... well, the two you mentioned are only good for crowd control. Twin Daggers are pure damage.