Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK well, the ships names are Vega, Altair, Deneb, and Antares. These are all stars. They are stars that are visible in the Summer months. They are famous and all are in the milky way. They are VERY bright. Each one has a story to tell here are the facts:

Flying high overhead along the Milky Way is Cygnus the swan, one of the summer's most famous star-pictures. Glittering Deneb marks the swan's head. Light from this bright star takes 1500 years to reach the Earth, which means that when we gaze at Deneb, we are looking 1500 years into the past.

Deneb joins Vega and Altair, the brightest stars in two neighboring constellations, to form the Summer Triangle. This triangle straddles the Milky Way and dominates the summer nighttime sky.

The blazing sapphire-colored star Vega resides in the tiny constellation Lyra the harp. Among the Persians, the stars of Lyra outlined a tortoise or a clay tablet, while to the Arabs they represented the "Stone Eagle of the Desert." Other people connected these stars to create a vulture. Vega is located about 25 light years from the solar system and is the brightest star in the summer night sky.

The third star in the Summer Triangle, Altair, blazes in the constellation Aquila the eagle. There is story about Aquila but I'm not going to get into it.

If you follow the Milky Way down into the southern sky, you will find Sagittarius riding just above the horizon. This constellation represents a creature that is half man and half house - the mythical centaur. Most people find that its eight brightest stars more closely resemble an old-fashioned teapot.
    To the west (right) of the centaur lurks Scorpius the scorpion, dominated by the brilliant star Antares. This star-name literally means "like Mars" because the star's reddish hue mimics that of the red planet Mars.

So basically they all are bright, they all are in major constellations in the Milky Way, they are all colored diffirent like this:

Vega: Sapphire-colored Star
    Altair: Orange-colored Star
    Deneb: White-colored Star
    Antares: Red-colored Star

Finally, they are all in 4 diffrent constollations that appear at the same season and in the same nights. Ah education is a wonderful thing

Sorta confusing(since i am kinda of a dork) but sounds kool

97% of HUmars/FOmars are Losers..

Thx man, i always wanted to know wut they mean.

Cool post! Thanks!

thankies ^_^

I'm a Savage Wolf, grr baby!

omfg! So many, each ship represents what kind of items you get! If Antares is red colored, maybe that ship gets all the rares! ahh omfg omfg!

Erm.. on a non-sarcastic note; Good find.

Thought you'd guys like to see these:

And this:

Droid Hunter, Killer of Rappies

I'm surprised no one knew that the names of the ships were also the names of stars...