So, I know that there are alot of you that use the Xbox 360 controller for PSU-PC, and I do too.

Have you noticed that you cannot use the trigger buttons, and you can't map anything to the guide button (the green glowy button in the middle).

I'm currently using the modified XBCD drivers that include support for the 360 controller, obtainable here: http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/, which also provides a very helpful guide as to how to get the drivers set up and working.

Anyway, my concern is two fold:

a: I want the trigger buttons to work, and perhaps the guide button. In the XBCD config tool, it considers each trigger as an Axis, as opposed to a button.

b: I don't want to have to use my goddamn keyboard to access my mission reward! Is there any way, using XBCD, or some other third party program, possibly some type of controller-keyboard emulator (somewhat like Gravis's software) that will allow me to bind the Z key function to a trigger or the guide button on this controller? Most of the time that I play, I'm soloing, so I don't need to type at all. I want to sit back from my computer or lay on my bed to play PSU, not sit in my computer char for hours on end .

Thanks to anyone that provides useful insight .

EDIT:
    - Perhaps I should have specified in the original post that I've tried with both the original drivers made by Microsoft, as well as the XBCD drivers. I've actually reverted back to Microsoft's drivers anyway, but the trigger/rudder buttons still cannot be bound to anything in PSU's gamepad configuration.
    - The Microsoft drivers I'm referring to came on a CD with the controller when I got it (it was packaged as "Xbox 360 controller for Windows"). The Microsoft drivers are linked in a later reply to this thread, however I reiterate that I still cannot use the triggers for PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2006-11-20 09:11 ]</font>

I'm using the Microsoft driver and all the buttons, aside from the guide button which it says in the documentation will not work on PC, work just peachy.

Even the trigger/rudder buttons? I'm referring to the triggers themselves, not the "LB" and "RB" clicky shoulder button dealies.

Like I said, ALL buttons work, trigger buttons and all. They are quite nice for changing the camera position on the horizontal plane.

Hmm... fancy... definitely doesn't work for me =/ hmph

Might try using the drivers by the company that made both the operating system and the controller. Somehow I think they know what they are doing, Slick.

Perhaps I should have specified in the original post that I've tried with both the original drivers made by Microsoft, as well as the XBCD drivers. I've actually reverted back to Microsoft's drivers anyway, but the trigger/rudder buttons still cannot be bound to anything in PSU's gamepad configuration.

Actually my problem is one step worse than yours, I can't get my controller to work AT ALL. I've properly installed the Xbox 360 controller as it's recognized by windows under "game controllers" and I've even tried it with some emulators. It works fine. When it comes to PSU, first of all I can't tell if it's even recognizing the damned thing, from there on the config menu I don't see settings that will map player movement to the controller, only the keyboard.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd really like to get into this game, but I refuse to play on a keyboard....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotobu on 2006-11-17 17:42 ]</font>

Those are just Microsoft's drivers that came on a CD with the controller that I bought. With those drivers I still cannot use the triggers.