Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

I'm just so sick of people saying "Oh I'm waiting until Xbox version comes out, because I'll be able to talk on it!". I'm going to talk about reasons why it's not good. I know some will agree and some will disagree but who knows. Here it goes:

1. Voice-chat on Xbox Live: You can talk, wow be woop. It's like everyone thinks talking on a microphone is a gift of nature. While it is very good in certain games, their isnt really any positive uses for this. What are you going to say? "WATCH OUT! Rag rappy 10 o clock!". What happens when you talk into the mic what happens when 3 people talk at once? Sure maybe they will limit it to 1 person talking at once. Good god you better hope this person isnt a yapper, you could have to wait for a long time. Then maybe they will put a limit on the time you can talk for. That would be a catastrophe. For all you who have played Alien Front Online know what I'm talking about with the time limit on talking. There is the most pesky things in the world with mic chatting too. You have little kids (very very annoying), people making annoying sounds, people cussing, people playing music with the mic, and people making sexual comments. This doesnt mean much when typed with a keyboard but it will get your attention more on a mic. Sure why not just ignore the people right? You've just wasted the whole function of chatting with people because of someone who was abusing the mic. Well your up late at night playing a game and your not going to be able to chat because if you have others in the house, you wake them BOOM your xbox is gone. It's also funny because YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD! GC players can just import one!

2. No Hunter's License Fee: Yeh we have a hunters License fee yep we do. Its $8.95 a month and for 1 year the total is $107.40. But wait 1 second your not getting off that easy...Xbox Live costs $59.99 and you get the thing for the whole year. Whats the price to use that after that free year? Anyway I'd like to know who said there is NO hunter's license fee for Xbox anyway. There is a charge of 600 yen per month IN ADDITION to Xbox Live for the Japanese PSO (thats $5 American). Hey it was cheaper in Japan for the hunter license for us, but we pay more now . Could the same happen for you?

Um... Duh? Outside of the X-Box fanboys here, most of us already know this.

The bottom line is that the GC version will have more players, and when it comes to online games, that's a good thing.

Aw man i was gonnna add more but i accidently pressed enter

Even though I'm a GCN player, I still think PSO for Xbox will be pretty cool. Plus it comes with a USB adapter so you can use normal keyboards with the game.

You have a point about all the chatting thing.

There will be a decent keyboard available in the US by the time Xbox PSO comes out. So it's really a matter of which system you prefer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Micro$oft is trying to find a way to prevent cheating on it. Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

There is one reason why the GC version will be better...

Its already out.

I think M$ is waiting for the GC hype to die down so that it doesn't have to compete with it.

PSO has the potential to be better for the Xbox. It's a superior system, in terms of hardware. It has an HDD, this could allow fast updates to the game, server side and client side. Of course, this is just theory, but who says it cannot happen?

Also, Xbox has something that the GameCube doesn't have, and this could be the winner: a keyboard in the works. PSO's launch for the GameCube is a joke. How can you allow an online game to launch without proper communication methods?
    What's wrong with allowing voice chat? Sure, it has its down side, but you can always switch to using your keyboard. There's no difference from somebody screaming through the mic than those spamming the chat log. An addition to the methods of available communication methods isn't something bad. It's a damn addition, not an alternative.

Xbox Live! users that cheat via the mod-chip get banned. Those are the ones that can potentially break the rules, and cheat. What happened to those people on the Japanese version of the GameCube that broke the rules and cheated? They're still playing the game.

The GameCube has one advantage, and that is the fact that you can play it right now. Other than that, I can't think of any other advantages.

I have no trouble with the Soft Keyboard. Its kinda slow, but I'm still faster than most on it. Much better than $80 to type right now.

Another thing is:
    the servers are going to be maintained by Microsoft. They are already banning people from XBOX live for all kinds of stuff. Maybe they will be able to handle all of these wannabe hackers...

I am not so worried about it. I have my GC version and I'll probably stick with it until something really good comes along. I am too lazy to get an XBOX right now...

That's common sense. is the same game, any li'l difference will be enough to make a REAL difference

And just when you thought the GCN vs. Xbox threads, were over....

Who gives at rat's a**e if PSO is on both Xbox and GCN, its still PSO. No matter which console, or features it has over the other, it's still the same thing. Nothing more, nothing less. Get over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2002-11-21 10:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2002-11-21 11:04 ]</font>