Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD!

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

IF YOU GET SPOILED YOU HAVE ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME!!!

SO DON'T SAY IT'S MY FAULT, CURIOUS GEORGE!!!!

So I just beat story mode.

I entered the final dungeon at lv51, and beat the game at lv57. I dinged to 57 when I beat the boss.

All it took was one and a half Bone Dancers' Tornado Dance PA spam drains for the first part, and then 2/3 of a 3rd Bone Dancer for the 2nd part. Difficulty; or lack there of, aside, I enjoyed it... especially when those little penguins where doing backflips and jumping all around the place like ninjas. Can't wait for NA to get the HIVE in network mode. :^)

OK, my question... is that ending was kind of... eh... well... kind of short and felt somewhat rushed. Does Karen go back to being the Divine Maiden? Does she leave those duties to the Light Master and go back to the GUARDIANS since Ethan all but proposed to her?

A happy ending in my eyes, is Ethan getting together with Karen when she goes back to the Guardians. I don't see why Rutsu can't become the symbol of hope for a new era of peace... I think it'd work.

This ending felt more like a sorrowful happy goodbye, than a happy ending. I can't quite explain it, but I get the feeling that if Karen goes back to being the Divine Maiden she won't ever be happy again.

Does this get continued in the network mode story missions? Or are those just random occurances from different parts of story mode, and not after the ending? Will the expansion pack gimme the happy ending I seek? Will it? C'mon, Karen deserves this. >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-20 20:32 ]</font>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

LOL, "Karen deserves this". As far as you can tell, she just misses Ethan. In no way did they ever go out or acknowledge any feelings they had for eachother whatsoever, besides the rare "Us going out? No way!" expressions.

This also brings up the question, WHY did Magashi even do what he did? They don't give you even the slightest clue or reason.

The story was just a string of tragic deaths with no real happy endings in between. the Maiden, Lou 2XX, not to mention two A-photon Researchers, Maya's only soulmate, and, of course, that kid's Gol Dolva. Where's the happy stuff?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-20 20:38 ]</font>

Hello, expansion pack!

Wouldn't surprise me to see them ask you to pay 30 bucks to see what happens with Karen and Ethan. But maybe they'll add hybrid races and cast you in the role of their children! (Fat chance.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

On 2006-11-20 20:34, FenixStryk wrote:
    LOL, "Karen deserves this". As far as you can tell, she just misses Ethan. In no way did they ever go out or acknowledge any feelings they had for eachother whatsoever, besides the rare "Us going out? No way!" expressions.

The ending was a bummer, though. Poor Maya.
    No, they pretty much said they loved each other. As for Maya? Meh. I never really liked her anyway.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Maya was an airhead character. She was also a smart person character. I have no idea how those two go so well together.

Anyway, the ending was the only part of the game I didn't like. Like you said, it was rushed. Ethan was proclaimed a hero despite the fact that all he did was save a couple of people's lives. Magashi did the traditional villain's role despite the fact that he didn't really do anything evil. Really, I hope the game is expanded upon. When's the first online story mission?

i think karen is the divine maiden in network mode. from what ive seen i think the story continues in network mode.

yes there have "story missions" online that will be released uventully.

The ending was kinda iffy, all those cool CG's and a pretty good story they could have done more with it.

More importantly tho, they should have made the game longer and gone into more detail on magashi, why he joined the seed, or how. why he wants to take over the world, ect ect.

All you know is he is a bad guy

The end feels so "Macross Remember Me Love" style have the hive deal, the big evil guy, all the big lasers to blow it up ect ect.

Yeah the ending was a bit disappointing. But the story mode and game in general was rushed in my opinion. I'm sure when the PSU project was under Naka he had a grand vision for the game. But I think near the end of the games development he was no longer in charge of the project. Matter a fact he no longer works for Sega.

Will the expansion pack gimme the happy ending I seek? Will it? C'mon, Karen deserves this. >.<
    It pains me when I hear things like this. People need to understand that sega has never announced an expansion pack, and thinking that there will be one any time soon is naive.

It does get continued in Episode 2 (online story mode), but I'm not sure how much of an ending you'll really get out of the online story mode.

Sega never announced an expansion pac for PSO either. But after about 9 months PSO ver 2 popped out. Its kind of inevitable that Sega wiil put out an expansion pack.