View Poll Results: im buying an alienware computer this friday, im stuck on getting a Laptop, or a Desktop, i want to b

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get the Laptop

1 11.11%
  • Get the Desktop

8 88.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im buying an alienware computer this friday, im stuck on getting a Laptop, or a Desktop, i want to be able to take it with me, but i want to be sure that it is going to be good enough. im stuck, i think that the laptop is actually going to be ok, here is the link, its what im looking at now, its the Aurora m97000

http://www.alienware.com/product_pag...l_default.aspx

and if you see something else then please tell me, but dont be like get the 5000 one, cuz i cant get that LOL.

Peace guys thanks for the help

Who buys alienware?

the people who want a good gaming computer, thats all i want, games and stuff, ya know. and they are actually really good computers(perhaps overly good) but oh well, wehre im from they are extremely popular so wateva!

Peace

I have an alienware laptop too, if you get one, make sure you get the longest warranty you can. My inverter board JUST went out simingly a year after the warranty ended. Its costing 280$ just to send it in and have a 4$ part replaced because you cant buy alienware parts online, stores say they have it, but when you check they are ALWAYS outofstock.

The alienware laptop battery life is less then an hour, so if your using this for business I wouldnt suggest it at all. Also if your going to go big with an alienware laptop, get the best you can for everything, half assing it now will cost you hella more in the end. My m7700 came fully equiped with everything, and then I went and upgraded the ram even further. But yeah, go big if your going to go big ya know.

But if its a comp for gaming stick with some custom built desktop, you can make an uber one with the cost of the aurora. Also the laptop gets EXTREMELY overheated, it can run any game at MAX settings, but what they dont bother telling you is that the comp temp will reach excess of 80ºc in like 20 minutes of play and shut off on you.

wow dude, i really appreciate that a lot, i ow you big for that one. much appreciated. i had no idea, ill definately go with the Desktop. im going to go set that up right now. thx man.

Peace out

alrighht then i just set up my new desktop, got the 4 year warrenty and whatnot, its a little more expensive but i think it should be ok, thx man, im getting the area 51 special, since its really one of the only ones i can offord, and its relitively good, it basically max's out my speniding. LOL no more money now, might now even be able to get on PSU for a bit, but since you know so much for computers, i know this may sound weird, would you go alienware.com and help me? like tell me what i should or shouldnt get on that computer, what is obsolete? and not to waste money on? if you have yahoo messanger add me im [email protected]

thx

On 2006-11-23 07:31, Zabot wrote:
    alrighht then i just set up my new desktop, got the 4 year warrenty and whatnot, its a little more expensive but i think it should be ok, thx man, im getting the area 51 special, since its really one of the only ones i can offord, and its relitively good, it basically max's out my speniding. LOL no more money now, might now even be able to get on PSU for a bit, but since you know so much for computers, i know this may sound weird, would you go alienware.com and help me? like tell me what i should or shouldnt get on that computer, what is obsolete? and not to waste money on? if you have yahoo messanger add me im [email protected]

thx
    Your building the area 51 special? Gimme a sec so I can see what they have.

Edit: which one exactly are you getting? Theres a bunch of area 51 specials lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-23 07:35 ]</font>

Most of the stuff is self explanitory, it starts you with what you need. Anything you can ugrade slightly I would recomend it. If your getting a mouse. Get the Razor one, I have one myself and its the best mouse iv'e ever used. Make sure you get the "Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit" as well. I cant tell you how many hours and hassle this saves you if you need to reformat your comp. For some reason on really high end pcs you have to reformat every now and then or youll notice a sluggish performance over a period of time.

If your a CD burner, then you dont need to worry about software because you can get any program online for free lol. Norton,Photoshop,Office, all those are free from Kazaa or other p2p shareware.

Other then that, most of those are luxury specs. You either can afford it or cant. Things like ram, video cards, storage, the monitor etc. In terms of what to get, work with the graphics card and power supply, because you can always buy gigs of ram off ebay for like 30$

thx again man, ill folow these guidelines and go through the process again to tweak it, maybe shave off some of the price. thx. appreciate it.

one more thing, what platform do you play on PSU, lets hang sometime?

If you want