Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was just in a party and one guy said that once you hit the lvl cap there was no use in lvling a new class since the class lvl wouldn't give any boosts to your stats is that true?

The point of leveling other classes is to increase the class's stats. And to access the expert classes that should be getting unlocked soon for online play.

ok so I will get a boost when my class lvls then. do you have any idea what this server matenance will update?

This is just routine server maintenance. They do it every week.

Your additional status from levelling up a type don't carry over when you change into a different one, unfortunately... As it stands, the only reasons to level up different ones are if you've already capped out your mission points for one type and don't want them to go to waste, you feel like playing a different type, or you're trying to meet the requirements for an expert class.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

you don't need to cap it. unless you're going to a forte- class.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

well I'm a Hunter/Beast and I was going to go for a Foce when I hit 10 Hunter so after I hit lvl 50-60 what ever is the max I still get the stat boost from the new class I decide to lvl right? like right now I'm Hunter/Beast after Hunter 10 I go and change to Ranger/Beast and if I hit max cheracter lvl I still get the Ranger boosts from the Ranger class lvling. Because the person in the party said once you hit max lvl you dont get the class boost even tho it lvls

I also like to be all jobs whats the best race to do all jobs/classes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jelaine on 2006-11-23 23:32 ]</font>

Logically, the best choice if you want to do everything well, would be Human. Human would probably also be the best choice for one of the hybrid Expert Types, Wartecher (which does a wide range of things, already).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

On 2006-11-23 23:29, Jelaine wrote:
    well I'm a Hunter/Beast and I was going to go for a Foce when I hit 10 Hunter so after I hit lvl 50-60 what ever is the max I still get the stat boost from the new class I decide to lvl right? like right now I'm Hunter/Beast after Hunter 10 I go and change to Ranger/Beast and if I hit max cheracter lvl I still get the Ranger boosts from the Ranger class lvling. Because the person in the party said once you hit max lvl you dont get the class boost even tho it lvls

I also like to be all jobs whats the best race to do all jobs/classes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jelaine on 2006-11-23 23:32 ]</font>
    Character levels are based on experience points earned, Job/Class levels are based on mission points earned. Character level and Job/Class level are independent from each other. If you hit the Character level max, which is fifty, that will not stop you from gaining Job/Class levels. Either you misinterpreted the person that was in your party, or he/she was incorrect.

Wartecher can perform the abilities of each job, but not as well as the forte expert classes, which do each job/class very well. Wartecher does: hunter well, force well, and ranger poorly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-11-24 06:21 ]</font>

I have a quick question about the expert classes. When you hit the required lvl for w/e class you want do you then have to pay to get the expert class (i.e. is it like switching between hunter and force, where there is a fee).

I'm sure you'll still have to pay to change your job/class even though you have unlocked the expert jobs/classes