Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Hacked

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I would venture to say that if Broom is in fact capable of delivering on this, it would in fact be as a result of a hack. Or he could just have a ton of people doing the work for him. Not likely, but possible. Given his wording, however, I would say that if you were to buy that meseta, he would take your money and never deliver a product. To quote that:
    Once purchasing with us you will not get your money back because these items are intangible we reserve the right to keep your money with or without delivery to you, please bare in mind this is said to stop the chargebacks and idiots abusing the system.
    In the name of "chargebacks", he could easily not deliver the goods (as he doesn't have them), and still take the money. It's possible that he's got a method of duping meseta. However, it hasn't been confirmed, and the wording of his auctions cover his own butt in the case of non-delivery. Which, I notice, no other MMO auctions explicitly state. Again, it's possible that the auction could be perfectly legit (if any auction involving the sale of duped/hacked items could be said to be legit in *any* case), but we don't know for 100% sure without concrete proof.

As well, the wording on that auction directly attacks a person or group. The auction could be cancelled by eBay if someone complained, odd that he'd be willing to go out on a limb like that after paying the listing fee...

Mercenary for Hire

Nice find, I hope people see that Its not a hack and Dont say "oh ive made 10 mil already". Mop hasnt had an account that wasnt banned within 1 week So its impossible he got it any other way.

Also if you check his feedback you can see there are 4 recent auctions all positive for Psu meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaKaVeLi_X on 2006-11-26 00:58 ]</font>

Anyhow, this is all taking it very off topic. The OP posted about a specific event that he held some hacking responsible for. This topic was never about debating the existance of hacking in general, but only about the OP's instance.
    Furthermore, asking for anything to back the OP's story isn't unreasonable. It's only natural that there are people who will be sceptical about anything they haven't heard about, or experienced themselves.

And lastly, MaKaVeLi_X, I'll say again that PSOW doesn't commit to covering up hacks. This very section is testament to this fact; a whole section about cheating, often involving hacking. However, all specific details about hacking are prohibited, along with hyperlinks to sites containing information about hacking. If a topic was deleted, then it probably contained too much of the latter. Another reason could be that those topics often end up as a flamefest. Whatever the reason was, you can be sure the locking, or deleting had nothing to do with covering up anything.
    I'll thank you not to spread false rumours about that in the future. ~_~

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Not really. He could have his shiny new account, have the ten others farming up the money for it, and transfer it to his mule to give to the auction winner. The mule would never have to have done a thing against the ToS , and also would never have had a single meseta on him before the sale/transfer. Of course, assuming that it *is* a hack, it's going to be awfully easy for Sega to see that XXX meseta popped out of nowhere, where it went, and be able to get rid of it, banning the mule, and possibly the receiver, then pulling the duped meseta out of the economy. Buyer beware.

Agreed with t0m though, this has gotten rather off-topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-11-26 01:02 ]</font>

Hmmm, this is all starting to sound like the RMT-topics on FFXI websites. Up next: players who say ST can detect it but won't vs the players who say "Just wait, they are only taking the time to hit all involved" ?
    This already starts feeling like a dead horse. Even though it isn't quite dead yet for PSU.

For those who don't know, on FFXI there actualy are people who have others do completely legit farming (and other activities) for money. There are so many of them it has had a profound impact on the economy.
    If there isn't a hack, expect professional gamers to do the aqcuisition of meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2006-11-27 00:26 ]</font>