Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If you are no longer actively playing PSU, cancel your account. Do not leave the auto-renewal enabled as you wait for new content to be released. Sega has shown a lack of interest and enthusiasm towards their non-Japanese players. The only thing that could change their attitude would be a significant decrease in income. Canceling is not a hassle. It took a ten minute call for me to cancel my account as well as my girlfriend's. For the 360 the phone number is 1-800-469-9269 or 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Why would Sega even consider putting out content more quickly or giving the non-japanese audience any interesting events/themes if nobody is willing to cancel their accounts due to the current lack of content/interaction? They wouldn't. Like most things in life, put your money where your mouth is or nothing will ever happen. This means you. If you decide to cancel, you can always restart your subscription with no problems - your items and characters will still be there waiting for you.

It's only with numbers that we can send a message to Sega, and that starts with you.

EDIT: Inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-11-27 07:25 ]</font>

As an aside, this exact post was actually deleted from the official forums. I find it interesting that they don't mind simply locking the numerous threads of players mindlessly bashing the game, but post a thread with reasonable advise for change and it was deleted in less than 3 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dire on 2006-11-27 00:36 ]</font>

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

how is US being shown a lack of interest?> as far as i know the release for updates have been close to japans. we'll actually see if thats true this thursday

On 2006-11-27 00:34, Dire wrote:
    If you are no longer actively playing PSU, cancel your account. Do not leave the auto-renewal enabled as you wait for new content to be released. Sega has shown a lack of interest and enthusiasm towards their nonjap players. The only thing that could change their attitude would be a significant decrease in income. Canceling is not a hassle. It took a ten minute call for me to cancel my account as well as my girlfriend's. For the 360 the phone number is 1-800-469-9269 or 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Why would Sega even consider putting out content more quickly or giving the nonjap audience any interesting events/themes if nobody is willing to cancel their accounts due to the current lack of content/interaction? They wouldn't. Like most things in life, put your money where your mouth is or nothing will ever happen. This means you. If you decide to cancel, you can always restart your subscription with no problems - your items and characters will still be there waiting for you.

It's only with numbers that we can send a message to Sega, and that starts with you.
    I'm willing to bet that it was probably deleted not because of the content of the idea, but maybe because of the possibly perceived as (maybe I'm wrong) inflammatory references to japanese players, pointed out in bold up top there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lashiens on 2006-11-27 00:46 ]</font>

But what if we still want to play? The game's still got enough online content to live by. 3 major bosses, many mini-bosses, and more than 4 areas. That's more than the original PSO had.

On 2006-11-27 00:40, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
    how is US being shown a lack of interest?> as far as i know the release for updates have been close to japans. we'll actually see if thats true this thursday

Japanese Updates:

Update 1: Oct. 5
    Update 2: Oct. 14. 9 days.
    Update 3: Oct. 19. 5 days.
    Update 4: Oct. 26. 7 days.
    Update 5: Nov. 9. 14 days.
    Update 6: Nov. 16. 7 days.
    Update 7: Nov. 22. 6 days.
    Update 8: Nov. 30. 8 days.

American Updates:

Release: Oct. 24th
    Update 1: Nov. 17th. 24 days.
    Update 2: ????

On 2006-11-27 00:54, Dire wrote:
    On 2006-11-27 00:40, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

Japanese Updates:

Update 1: Oct. 5
    Update 2: Oct. 14. 9 days.
    Update 3: Oct. 19. 5 days.
    Update 4: Oct. 26. 7 days.
    Update 5: Nov. 9. 14 days.
    Update 6: Nov. 16. 7 days.
    Update 7: Nov. 22. 6 days.
    Update 8: Nov. 30. 8 days.

American Updates:

Release: Oct. 24th
    Update 1: Nov. 17th. 24 days.
    Update 2: ????

Ahem, might I also point out, that you completely forgot the fact that they went an entire MONTH without updates, just like we did.

Does anyone else remember that PSU JP launched at the beginning of September? I sure do.

On 2006-11-27 00:52, FenixStryk wrote:
    But what if we still want to play? The game's still got enough online content to live by. 3 major bosses, many mini-bosses, and more than 4 areas. That's more than the original PSO had.
    Absolutely! I am by no means am trying to encourage anybody who is still enjoying the game to quit. The reason I wrote this message was that there seems to be significantly fewer people online based on the universe numbers coupled with the large number of "I quit" posts on the official forums.

However, I think a huge chunk of these people are simply leaving their account on auto-renewal and waiting for content updates. This message was geared exclusively for those people. I have little doubt that Sega would have quickly rolled out content updates if even a significant minority of those players had actually cancelled their accounts.

If you're still happy with the game then ignore this message. Or be happy about it - there's a miniscule chance it might result in you getting content more quickly.

On 2006-11-27 00:57, Lashiens wrote:
    Ahem, might I also point out, that you completely forgot the fact that they went an entire MONTH without updates, just like we did.

Does anyone else remember that PSU JP launched at the beginning of September? I sure do.
    The game went back to a beta stage after the initial launch failure. I listed only the nonbeta dates. I forget nothing!

[quote]On 2006-11-27 01:01, Dire wrote:
    The game went back to a beta stage after the initial launch failure. I listed only the nonbeta dates. I forget nothing!
    Elephant!