Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

I'm pretty sure no one posts in here because apparently no one knows EXACTLY what's going on.
    But considering that you've said nothing outside of, "If you don't know what 'X' is then you shouldn't be posting," why don't you take this time enlighten us rather than blow us off? Because it's clear that you're the sole keeper to anything relevant in this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-03 02:15 ]</font>

On 2006-12-03 02:13, Gazette wrote:
    I'm pretty sure no one posts in here because apparently no one knows EXACTLY what's going on.
    But considering that you've said nothing outside of, "If you don't know what 'X' is then you shouldn't be posting," so enlighten us why don't you? Because it's clear that you're the sole keeper to anything relevant in this thread.
    Actually your just too stupid to look it all up. And exactly the people talking shit have no idea whats going on, thus making any of your post useless and invalid.

Epvp is an elite gaming hacking site. There are multiple "levels" for members. Trolls that visit have access to level 1, its a place for bots/mods/hacks for MULTIPLE mmos. Actually they have every mmo on the site. Level 2 is for the more elite of the community, people that have contributed to hacks and thierfor get special access to newely released hacks. And the people of this site are NOT script kiddies, trust me, they have 2 pages of WOW bots and exploits. Everything BUT currency duping. Broomop is NOT as smart as any of the people who have access to level 2 and above. Not by a long shot. And I wont go any further in to discussing that because you have enough info on it now to not make another stupid ass reply to me.

And again, since I got you on the spot, dont want to change your view now that you know this has been known for close to 2 weeks and 2 server maintances and nothing was done?

I think there's some children in this thread who need a fucking time out.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Hey guys, Akira is pissed at the way things are going and so I don't think he would appreciate any more flak from anybody right now. I think both sides need to calm down here. Akira clearly doesn't care for the implications this hack has on the market and perhaps the game, and if I was as rich as he was I think I'd be pissed too. It's no fun to play a market only to have some massive influx of cash suddenly pour in and skew the economy to hell. So ease up on him.

I understand that Sega might be working on how to fix the problem, BUT as far as this thread goes, if you're going to defend Sega, wait until something effective is done by Sega about the duping instead of saying anything about what *might* happen. It's been at least a good week since I've heard of meseta duping, and so far no rollbacks, no permanent solution seems to be coming around, Sega is being rather cold and distant to the US audience, as usual. It's very disheartening and it couldn't really have occured at a worse time -- a lot of people are gonna jump ship just due to this.

Dragon God

Akira, please, I'm a Computer Engineer and in no way ignorant about the problem.

It takes NO TIME once the source of how the duping is being done is fixed.

1) How are you entirely sure that Sega knows exactly how their code is being exploited to create infinite meseta? There is probably many instances of meseta related code in the entire program, and just thinking that it just might be isolating a single section of code could be the cause of the exploit is ridiculous.

2) Modifying code can cause drastic changes to the game, so this one requires testing, debugging and implementing, as well as probably a shit load of management stuff, which in turns slows down the entire process.

3) The fixing of this problem is also probably in the hands of a select few code junkies, with their already employee base working on fixing on old problems (PM450), getting ready for new updates (this friday) and as well as probably many different little things.

4) This select few might be constrained by time, not only by a 5 day work schedule, I would assume, but also they might be one of their many tasks they have to accomplish before a deadline, refer to the update preping from point 3, so it takes a back seat to other important tasks.

Sega is a cooperation, and as such, is in the business of making money, and thus doesn't have an infinite, or even a lot, of resources, in this case programmers, to fix the problem instantly. And as such us the public are unsure the inner workings of Sega itself to know why it's taking them so long to fix the problem, if they even are that is but I'm optimistic.

I'm in no way sucking dick to any cooperation but I have an understanding of how the real world works.

And as an added note.

When I start seeing drastic changes in the economy, more serous hacks being created, and the entire things goes downhill from here on in I'll gladly say my optimistic view was wrong however until that time is such, I will continue to play this game, and not worrying about such trivial matters.

This isn't the 1st time I've seen hacks go unfixed for weeks on end, nor will it be the last, and thus I shall continue to enjoy the game for in the end it is that, just a game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-12-03 02:44 ]</font>

LOUD NOISES