Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greetings,

I recently aquired PSU and have only started playing the darn thing. I have so many questions, even after reading just about every guide on this site, and I have a question that is deeper than it sounds: where do I find a guide for first-time players that isn't full of jargon and slang that only holds meaning to those who have played the game before?

Please take no offence at this, but most of the guides here seem to be written in a language that is riddled with words that I cannot find a definition to. I can make educated guesses from the ways in which they are used, but I do not gain any actual information as I am only guessing.

I did use the search feature on this website and I went to PSUpedia and found that the same problem exists for both sites. The currently existing "newbie" guides seem to be more for those who have played other versions of PSx and are merely looking to cross into a new game with new details and new rules.

Again, I need a guide for someone who has no frikkin clue as to what they are getting themselves into and no idea of what anything does. Tell the truth, I'm tired of bushing buttons on my logitech 10-button and hoping it does something useful.

Is it too soon after release to hope for such a guide?

Thanks again!

Regards,
    -Tengoku

I've noticed this issue as well, a few people with less MMO experience in general are somewhat confused by the fact PSO has poor explanations of certain terms. Luck, LCK, and luck? Yay!

Problem with writing a beginner's guide is that I don't know what you don't know. In simpler terms, I look at a sentence comparing DPS and DPAS, and I see Damage Per Second and Damage Per Animation Second, or AoE vs PBAoE, where I see Area of Effect vs Point-Blank Area of Effect. To me, and most veteran players, such things are so self defining we can't see them as a problem.

So if you have a specific question, go ahead and ask. If you prefer, just make a list of acronyms, abbreviations, or just plain terms you don't understand, and I'll do my best to define them for you.

for starters, a step by step guide to opening a shop~

Don't feel bad... I've been playing Phantasy Star since the original Dreamcast PS Online was out and I'm still lost with this new version.

A lot of trial and error during Story mode has helped though. Maybe try that before delving too deeply online?

-- J

Yeah go Offline first.. there you get some introductions on the most used things.

And if you venture online, there will always pop up some high level players in your parties.. Don't be affraid to ask em.. That's how I learned a few ropes my self.. (even though im a DC , GC , PC playing PSO veteran)

Don't be affraid to asked, nobody will bite you. (^_^)
    -:[ PSO History ]:-
    Dreamcast , GameCube , Xbox360 , PC , PSP
    PSO2 - Snitchie - Ship 02 Block 20
    Pics pics pics

As a pso veteran i still don't get stuff like PA. i am lv 28 now and just ignoring the real meaning of the word..

Maybe someone should make some list with the shorthanded words and explanation.

PA means photon art....

You know, those things other then regular attacks you do?

Three kinds, photon arts(melee weapons), bullet arts(guns), and TECHNICs(wands/rods).

Uber-damage whore
    Belgium (100 meseta for each person who can point it on the map)

play story mode first, you'll be so much wiser.

just follow what story mode says. i didnt have a clue about the game but i think i understand most of it now just by readin what is said in story mode.

still a few things i done understand though

what is "end" its some kinda status point. i c it when i buy some armours but i dont have a clue what it is or does.
    also what is ment. - i assume as a guess this means mental streangth for techniques. still no idea about end though
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

End I believe is endurance which I think affects your pp regen rate. Not 100% positive though.