I stopped playing 2 weeks ago when I learned that broomop was duping meseta and selling it on ebay, because I expected Sonic Team to do the right thing and fix the bug that allows him to dupe the meseta and then do a rollback to clean out the duped meseta from the economy. We have yet to see a rollback, and the longer this goes on the less likely it seems like it's going to happen. I haven't played in 2 weeks so I haven't checked to see if the economy has been affected yet, but I'm guessing that a large influx of duped meseta will screw the economy. My account is due for another payment on Dec. 10. Since sonic team seems to be completely ignoring the problem, should I pay for another month, or is now the right time to leave? What do you think?

actually they fixed the bug that allowed them to hack by updating the game guard and the economy is actually in a slump not alot of ppl buyin and ppl just lowering their prices so they can make money for the update so...its a good time to come back especially since update is friday

Call me if theres any E-Drama

Wow... just wow...
    man, people need to get over it. Its a game, people will hack it.
    No, im not saying that hacking is ok, ad yes, to me it ruins the game. But i knew that psu would be hacked.
    But to not play the game because of it? Stupid IMO. WoW was hacked. Man, i saw lvl 1 druids with lvl 60 mail. Didnt stop me or about 1 billion other people from playing it

Personally i'm playing the game to have fun and socialize with new people and so forth (that and grind to 60 as fast as possible), so i mean i haven't noticed any major problems with the dupping as of yet. I'm sure if problems come forth it'll be post patch sense alot of people are saving their meseta. Then will truly find out how screwed the economy is. Hard to tell now because everyone is saving.

Though STA has been lazy or simliar to Office Space with Milton, sure they 'fix the glitch', but the problem is still there (hackers) and if nothing follows up from that then it's a matter of time before future hackers 'burn the building down'.

I believe the first month of course is a test like with any mmo now a days, now it's come down to crunch time and if sega can keep updates going, keeping future hacking to a minimum/zero, and actually start reading players feedback then i can see this game turning into something. Remove any of those elements and it instantly becomes lame and boring (like all the lvl: 50 capping around bored out there skulls myself included x.x and no one i know has heard feedback from sega. I mean common we get our updates through 1up.com for christ sake).

DikkyRay - The sitution with WoW is most stuff is "bind" whatever and even if you vend it with a user base i'd say at least 100-1000x larger than PSU couple thousand gold isn't going to do anything to the economy (not to mention the army of chinese famers already in place). However in PSU couple million meseta, that'll start messing things up. Though i do agree with your opinion like PSO this was expected to happen, it happens with all mmo, if it's an mmo it will be hacked nuff said. It's a matter of how fast the problems get addressed is what personally concerns me.

Personally i think STA did a horrible job of handling the issue. They basically slap the hackers on the hand said 'no no bad' and then walked away. Any decent mmo i've played in the past would at least shut down there servers, figure out exactly what caused the expliot and then kick in a rollback with the fixed 'glitch'. All we saw was a GameGuard patch that pretty much we assume fixed the problem and anyone with dupped meseta on them still have the goods, which i find...not cool. Then again with such a small player base i don't think STA would do it due to the potential player lost.

Anywho that's my 2 cents i might add 4 later ^_^.

Hacking is NOT a big problem on PSU. If you're quitting due to meseta duping, then please do leave. FFXI had Gil troubles and so did WoW. Just move along if this really bugs you so much.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Yes. And if my information on how Broomie-woomie and Co. did the meseta 'duping' is correct (hint: it uses the only transaction in the game that's handled entirely client-side); then the GG patch fixed it by probably taking that clientside transaction and setting a serverside monitor over it for PC and PS2 users.

In other words, it's no FSOD problem, it's not NOLing, it's not anywhere close to anything that can threaten your data or your invested time. And Broom is NOWHERE near to actually duping items and spreading them any farther than the next server-side check on your character's actual data.

Personally, the meseta dumped into the economy only sped up the economy MAYBE a week. I'm sure that the hackers weren't expecting ST to have stepped in so early or they WOULD have distributed billions of meseta simply to disrupt ST's plan. Instead, they were too focused on the eBay transactions and having fun making people dance in line to think, "Maybe... ya know... someone might figure out how we're doing this and stop it?"

In other words, for the first time in nearly 6 years, Sonic Team actually stuck a potato in Broom's tailpipe, and man was he pissed off about it.

And in OTHER words, come back to PSU to enjoy hunting items, spending time with your friends, and exploring the Gurhal system without having to worry overmuch about hackers. There aren't any serious blackhat hackers (aside from Broom, and he's reckoned a poser by most) and there ARE some very clever and nice whitehats.

Basically, blackhats probably won't come to PSU because it has such a small player base compared to WoW or Guildwars or even some of the FREE MMORPGs; the only reason Broom's here is because here he can be a big fish in a small pond instead of a very small, very scared fish in a much larger, nastier pond.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2006-12-07 00:43 ]</font>

Oh, and there's at least one whitehat who HATES broomop personally and will work against broom in the same stubbornly asinine way that broomop struggles against Sonic Team - he told me that the only reason he's on PSU is because broomop is here and he wants to "Give that whiny thief a kick in the nuts or three every time he thinks that he's safe. Watch your back, broom, because I'm coming for you."

imfanboy - Haha i like your comparison's and points there especially about the fish and so forth. Though i see your point at least STA took action to prevent it as compared to doing nothing. I played GC PSO way back in the day (lvl: 139 Fonewreal legit) so never ran into the vast hacking problems. Personally i think my future enjoyment will come out of trying to amass the 8k mission points in the future xD (another reason i'm sticking around).

That random whitehat that's after broomp and how broomop is a blackhat reminds me of 'Death Note' but if you haven't seen it don't worry about the reference. ^_^;;;

A game is supposed to be fun. If something takes the fun out of it, quit.
    Does this meseta dupe take the fun out of PSU? I'm on XBox360, so not really. If I were on PS2/PC, I still wouldn't be too bothered. I have already dropped into the habit of getting all my stuff myself. I know I will be missing a part of the game, like in other games. I consider it a lesser of two evils. There is enough left in PSU to keep it interesting. I am more worried about more direct means to do harm, like account hacking, and stealing stuff.