Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I never work out. Yet I'm extremely healthy.

I'm glad I was blessed.

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

Saner is replying
    damn... how the hell did i forget what i was gonna say....

oh yeah a response to parns eating right and stuff, thats me with the ripling muscles and fat gut..My family brought me up to eat! and eat i mean eat real food, not fast food though. what can i say i have an old style mexican mom who knows how to cook and with my grandmother who taught her how to cook is living with me now. Im full and they are still offering me second and third servings XD

I work out for at least an hour 6 days a week plus I practice martial arts. Will power, hot blood, and guts are the things that you need to achieve your goal. Sometimes, I don't even feel like working out but there's this other part of me that tells me to just suck it up and do it.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Actually I had to do a really tough kind of push in marching band. They are called breathe-ups are esentially push-ups in tempo, so the slower the tempo the harder it is.

1. In 4 counts go as close to the floor as you can and breathe in at the same time.
    2. Hold that spot for 8 counts. Also hold your breath.
    3. Come back up in 4 counts while breathing out.
    4. Repeat as many times as desired.

This is pretty easy at like 140 but at 60 and lower it is pretty rough. I haven't done some in awhile but I prefer these to normal push-ups. You could aslo increase the counts if you want to.

Forever Confined to the FKL????

On 2006-12-08 11:22, Saner wrote:
    ya I try to do 2 push ups and then I fall asleep

is excercise that important. its soooo painful.

are there any anti-pain vitamins to make it easier?
    Do 2 until you can do 3. Do 3 until you can do 4. Do 4 until you can do 5. Etc. It works.

Another thing I have adopted for myself is that everytime I make a post, I do 15 pushups, going all the way down and keeping perfect form. It's easy to do 15 at a time like that, but it still builds up.

Oh dismal morning, I open my weary eyes once again

For all the people commenting on Saner's physical strength...

Shut up. Please?

On 2006-12-11 19:21, therealAERO wrote:
    Make sure to eat a lot of protein before, and after every work out. Otherwise working out will be counter productive for you. It will make it so you lose muscle instead of gain it. Also eat a good amount otherwise your body will break down muscle to make up for it.

Protein shake before and after every work out.
    I Lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Parn View Post
    Even if you can only do two push-ups, that's two more push-ups than the average person does. Now do them every once in awhile in the day, every day, and you'll only get better from there.
    Please excuse this second "necro-reply", but I promise this will be the last old topic I dredge up.

Again, I am bringing this particular thread back into view, as well as highlighting Parn's advice here.

Because he was absolutely right about this.

Even with weak arms, if one consistently exercises them with push-ups, there will be improvements in strength and musculature.

As Parn said, you must be consistent each day, but even easy exercises like "jumping jacks" and "butterflies" will result in better physical health too, once they are part of a daily routine.

Then there is whiteninja's advice:

Do 2 until you can do 3. Do 3 until you can do 4. Do 4 until you can do 5. Etc. It works.
    It DOES work!
    And my past-self thanks you, whiteninja!

*ahem*

From there, I will add my own contributions: I found that simply pairing my CD listening-time with exercise-time, both in the morning & the evening, was extremely beneficial.
    While boosted by energizing music, the initial "strain" that Saner was dealing with is minimized, because of "adrenaline" or "endophins" or whatever your body produces when "vibing" with the right songs.

That's what made exercising consistently each day much easier for me.

It doesn't take much space to do the basic stuff we all were taught in Gym Class since Kindergarten, so just focus on things you can do in your own bedroom.
    That way there is no pressure to get a membership at a public gym, which could dissuade someone from even trying.

Ultimately, your food intake does affect the outcome as well.
    So if you are aware that something you eat or drink each day/week is unhealthy... another tip is to slowly ween yourself off of it.

The easiest way is to just substitute something healthy in its place, with only a "once a month" reward stipulation if the item in question is hard for you to just "give up" completely.

But over time, as your exercise improves your body, and you improve your dietary regimen, you might find that things you once "craved" will lose their appeal entirely.

Especially if you find something even TASTIER that mother nature intended for us to eat!

Ever notice that MANY candies try to be fake fruits?

That's because fresh fruit is already perfectly delicious!

Remember that! Especially if you have a sweet tooth!
    It's also WAY more nutritious and satisfying to eat a palm-filling apple/orange/pear/mango/peach/plum, than overdoing it with itty-bitty morsels of whatever.

Fresh fruit! Raw nuts! Clean water!
    The Earth can be quite generous!
    (Maybe adding in some outdoor activity too. There is a distinct boost to one's energy-level just by being out in conducive environmental conditions.
    So whatever activity you feel comfortable with, will put to use all that sustenance.
    It helps to recall that food is just fuel!
    So use your body in equal proportion to whatever you put in it!)
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."