Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Hmmm, I guess if Sega could make a case out of loosing something because of it they could make a civil court case to get compensation or something. But that's probably about as far as it goes, and even that will probably be hard.

It's a really cheesy way of getting around the EULA, but no case has been able to get through court with it yet (no case history to speak of yet).
    Which may change reletively soon... as from what I hear lawmakers are proposing a tax on in-game currency and item exchanges. Apperantly just because an item is virtual, doesn't mean it's tax exempt. On the off-chance that this were to actually traspire, then duplicating in-game currency would be paramount to couterfiting or tax evasion in the eyes of the law.

On the bright side, gil/gold/meseta dupers & farmers would have the IRS on their ass. And you KNOW they'd get something done about it.

On the downside, we'd hvae to pay real-life income taxes on our virtual money.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

On an FFXI forum the discussion on the virtual currency tax has already ended. Conclusion is that there can be no tax, since virtual currency isn't owned. Also, the main focus of this tax seems to be for a game that actualy has an exchange rate for game-currency to real-life-currency. I think the subject is too hairy to make a decent law for. I think the only substantial post I saw about it was that tax-people or politicians (don't even know which) are looking into the matter to see if such a law can be made. Doesn't mean the law is already in the making.

Main problem will be the exact same thing sellers of virtual goods use to get around prosecution now: You don't own anything, you don't sell anything. You only have people pay for the time you put in. And that time was yours to spend, and have people pay for. A tax on the time I have, maybe? And on the air I breath? Oh, wait, and on the space my body occupies? I think even the best politician simply won't be able to come up with something like that and get away with it.

If I have to pay taxes about virtual assets, I can also pay my taxes using virtual assets. I doubt they would like that though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2006-12-13 06:45 ]</font>

On 2006-12-09 19:21, Randomness wrote:
    Use the edit button?
    wate what a edit button are you guys talking about playing online?

The remark about the edit button was about making 2 posts when you could have clicked edit to change the first one

Unnecessary spam. Verbal warning, please don't do that Kraiden.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-16 22:19 ]</font>

Mr. Inigma

I have a few snapshots myself. I dont know if they were cheating or not but I took a screenie just in case of a few people. Although im pretty sure they are cheating. When I get home today ill post em.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Posting isn't necessary, report them to Sega. Every ban means one more person that has to spend another 10 bucks to get back to the game if they want to keep screwing with it.

Mr. Inigma

Well I wanna get your guyses opinion if I should. Who know I could be wrong about them cheating. Thats why I want your invoice if I should or not. LOl im at school ATM.