Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Criminal matter regarding the X-Box 360 version of PSU. I need some information from the community
    This is Spacey from the X-Box 360 version of PSU. I need some assistance from PSU players on the X-Box 360 version of the game. Please do not move this topic or delete it as this is a criminal matter and I need information to assist in the police investigation. This may need to be made as a sticky also. As some may know, last night my account was stolen by Neon, Pappy, and possibly a character named Long. They used a method called pretexting, where they call X-Box live support and get them to reset the victims password so they can log in as them and do whatever they want. It is not yet clear if they have someone inside X-Box Live as an accomplice, or if they have gotten inept employees every time that they have done this, since this is against company policy and also highly illegal.

If you do not know the story, here is the run down of what happened. Two days ago I noticed NeoN lurking in my room. After reading all the Jinxpalm topics, I was a bit freaked out by him being there, so I quickly ran out of my room. About an hour later I returned to my room, and he was still there. He trailed me as I ran out of it again, and I remember thinking he better not be trying to get my gamertag to try and mess with me. Well tonight me and my real life wife, the character named Darreh, were sitting afk in my room doing some chores, when I noticed someone saying something to me. Pappy: "I heard about your room, I just wanted to come check it out." A character named Long was also there. Next thing I know I am kicked off the game. I try to log back in, but it says my "X-box live profile is not valid". Now on my wifes character I notice myself signing in and going into my room. I try to go there on her but there is a password now on my room. She sends some simple mails to my character that we know what is going on, but they don't respond. Then she and some of my friends went to NeoN's room. There stood my Grinna Bete S. Displayed in the middle of NeoN's room, as well as my Onmagoug, 2 Zoonas, and everything else. Darreh then checked Pappy and NeoN while confronting them. NeoN had on my 16% fire Bone Dance that Darreh had just synthed me, and Pappy was wearing my 38% light Double Saber, something we also synthed a few days ago. In Pappy's store later that evening, my armor was being sold. Rabol Tero 22% dark, which we had also just purchased a day or so ago.

I was unable to recover my account, since they had changed the password. In contacting X-Box Live support, they were able to confirm the method used as stated before, and they seemed shocked that their employee would do such a thing. They told me this was identity theft and a criminal matter, and I should contact the police as soon as I get off the phone with them. They also said I needed to cancel my credit card to stop them from using it.

Here is where I need some information from the X-Box 360 PSU community. In talking with the police, we have filed felony charges against NeoN, Pappy, and perhaps Long in this matter. If anyone else's account was stolen in this way, or knows anyone that this has happened to, I need some information.

Here is the known list so far:
    Carnage - all items stolen
    Jinxpalm - all items stolen and character deleted
    Alain - all items stolen and character deleted
    Spacey - all items stolen

Anyone with any information that is relevant to the criminal precedings, may also contact me at [email protected]

Hiya spacey. I really hope you bag these asshole "hackers". Hopefully if we crack down on little fucks like them this early in the game it will discourage more people from doing it in the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2006-12-12 11:47 ]</font>

I don't buy it...

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

hmm i heard about this guy from other players online. i guess its time we start watching out for this guy and be careful of other players.

Dragon God

If the method of them obtaining your information is true, yea it's pretty much identity theft.

I highly suggest collaborating with Microsoft, cause I really doubt that this entire thing will really hold out in the end without their support. Since this is a problem of them actually revealing other people's information when it isn't them, this is definitely a problem on their end, might be policy based, might just be inexperienced employees, whatever the case, this entire claim has not much to go on without their support.

On 2006-12-12 11:49, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    I don't buy it...
    why wouldnt you believe it? i dont see why hed make this thread and take the time to wrte something very long, just so that he can lie to us, and not have any of us know. its not like it matters if he lowers the reputation of the hackers, theyve probably been banned from Xbox live, so it wouldnt matter anyways.
    ColdWaffles- lvl 93 newman FT :3
    The Highlander- lvl 13 beast H

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

Doesnt X-Box Live require CC or personal info in order to change accounts?
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

Yes it does. Thus the explanation above where there would've had to be a breach of policy for this to take place. If true, somebody wasn't doing their job.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX just a minute ago.

In order to reset a password (which the assisstant said was a highly uncommon practice) you'd need the Credit Card number, the name of the card holder, the Gamertag, the billing information, the email address the Gamertag is linked to, and your phone number.

If that were not enough, to gain access to someone's PSU account, they'd need the Gamertag on their Xbox 360. To do this, you would, again, need the credit card number, email address, billing information, and so on and so forth (basically everything you enter when you make a new Gamertag).

I find it HIGHLY improbable that they could have, via any normal means other than an accomplice within Microsoft (which would be quite a risk for a bloody Double Saber) to aquire such personal information.

Until it happens to me or I see it on the news, I'm calling bullshit.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

On 2006-12-12 12:06, Akaimizu wrote:
    Yes it does. Thus the explanation above where there would've had to be a breach of policy for this to take place. If true, somebody wasn't doing their job.
    Ohh if thats the case I call Breech of Federal Privacy Act for Microsoft.