Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Right now, I'm using spears and daggers. The daggers, I can probably say, I got into by playing Majora's mask. As dorky as it sounds, Zora link was just cool, and attacking with those fins just sealed the deal. I've been an invert wielded short blade weapon fan since then. Of course PSO helped.

Spears have always been used by pathetic grunt enemies, so I never thought much of them. Then I played FFCC, FFIV, and Fire Emblem more or less back to back. Lilties had an amazing attack animation, and their focus attacks were beautiful. They still used spears like swords, but damn if it didn't look good. As for FFIV, Kain. 'nuff said. Then I saw how beautiful spears were in Fire Emblem were, and I've been a spear fan since then.

What about you guys, any (pathetic) stories behind your weapon preference? Sword users who liked Cloud don't count.

I use my current weapons (5* Sword, 3* Tenora Dual Pistols, and 3 sets of 5* twin sabers of various elements) for a reason I will now explain with this invigorating story.

Being a newman, I already have low ATP, and although I was excited before switching to fighgunner that I had grinded enough to equip my soon to be new weapons, I forgot that I would lose ATP by switching. As such my pretty new weapons are collecting dust in my PM's loving care. That is why I'm using the weapons I do.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Because I have it.

I use every kind of weapon I can get my hands on because I have to.

I've gotta admit that GRM knuckles and the Bogga Danga PA look especially cool.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Lances are sweet because of Monster Hunter.
    Twin Daggers rule because....of...PSO?

________
    Mercedes-benz 240d specifications
    Last edited by Ryoki; Mar 15, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

im a human fortegunner,im all about my machine gun collection, ya they run out of PP fast but for you poor ppl who cant afford photon charges, who cares, they hit for mass damage with the right bullet equipped on it for the right enemy, and with an agitaride on, and an arm slot armor, cmon now, you got 700 or more shots in the gun all which do 100+ damage if they hit with all of tht in consideration, take your swords/and what not and shove em , also , pair em with a nice dagger or saber...wtf is up now, fortegunners can use A ranks for those so thts tht. i ve always been ranger and always will be

DC fo lyfe, lol tht was street gangsta

PS, also a fan of the shotty

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TravisVI on 2006-12-12 13:10 ]</font>
    PS0 info!!!
    Nickname: TheFrost
    User Name:Froste II- Ramar lvl 63 / Frostelle- Fomarl lvl 16
    Friend code:3524 2175 1613

I'm using Rods, Bow, and Twin Dagger.

Rod: Because it makes it easier to support and dps at the same time, if I used a Wand I can't get Resta, Reverser, and offensive techs at the same time. Also because it forces me to go Yohmei, and since I hate choosing this is the better option.

Bow: Because a +7 Compadri is about the same strength as a +0 Hikauri. That, and since I use rods, I need to switch for range... why not use a two-hand weapon here as well.

Twin Dagger: I bought a 50% Dark Twin Stinger +5 for 1500 M. It lets me melee in the Neudaiz Relics, so I use it there sometimes.

I actually use a combination of 2 Twin Handguns, Rifle, and Wands. I also have a single handgun, a good knife, and planning to get crossbows.

While I enjoy the strafing goodness of Twin Guns, I actually engraved it into my character's background. Tynselle actually has a background story (one of which I'll include in the RP topic here, soon enough). Her favorite weapons are Twin Handguns and thus they serve as an extension of her character. Plus, they just plain work with the playstyle I'm going for. It's been fun working with that idea, and it's actually made decision making quite easy for me, as my character increases. I tend to like to give my characters some kind of ambition, and that ambition actually leads your course.

(Kind of a way I work with Western RPGs that give you a ton of choices. You can't get lost when you have direction.) Plus with PSU, I tend to test them out offline before bringing them online. If playing the character seems as fun as playing the style, they're my next pick for online play. I already threw one idea away because it was too traditional, and perhaps played too much to the stereotypes. And if anybody knows me, they know I'm the enemy of stereotypes when it comes to stuff I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-12 13:22 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Double Saber

It hits practically everything in front of you and it's so good you don't even need to PA with it, but when you do you can knockdown monsters (not up and back) for crowd control, or go all out 21+ for massive damage. It's the single most versatile melee weapon in the game. You also don't need to lock onto a monster nor line up to hit multiple ones.

Other weapon I use are twin pistols kubara 6* made off a tenora board. Sleek, black, magnums. Dang those guns look huge.

I use it, because it's overpowered.