Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think it's a bit of both. Some reputable sources claim that they themselves have been sent to another's room before. I do not think it's coincidence that every malicious occurance of this 'bug' has included either very legit players as victims, or very rich players. The hackers have been claiming they could do this for a while, the method in which they do it as well has been released publically, more or less. They're taking credit for it. Maybe they just want the attention...maybe..but it would be very simple, if one knew the correct values, to change the value of an item in a room to trick the room into thinking it's ok for them to take it.

These are the folks I want stopped, I could really care less about the meseta dupers as long as this problem persists. The meseta folks are the wannabe amateurs, following instructions that even a child could get the jist of. These room thieves and vandals are the ones to beware. They're bitter and spurned. A dangerous combination, and it appears they're after any they perceive as siding with sega, or their enemies, putting the whole community in an odd position.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

So, if people are getting into other people's rooms, how I protect from room kersplosion?

Pseudohelp: durrr I think you can save yourself with a close shop ticket and lorcking your room! That'll keep out barubary!

Does idling in your room or logging off prevent the room 'sploit from working? :E

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Mak can probably answer that best, he seems decently well versed in the where-fors and hows of it, despite his apocalyptic rantings and cover-up speeches. ^_^

Mercenary for Hire

, Lock your room, put a pass. Dont hand out your card to anyone and blacklist those you might have gave to in the past that might be a risk. Also Kimaya the room bug does not exist, It is a hack. It can still be done but most people dont know you will probably be banned for doing it within a few days. Oh and just because you are in your room, online, offline, anytime It can be done to your room so the only thing you can do is close shop.

Thanks for clarifying that, Mak. Its good to be able to filter out what isn't and what is only speculation. For now.. my room is locked/passed. I wasn't sure but I thought the room thing had to be a hack since certain people were targeted and it seemed about impossible that the breakers would get lucky and get in randomly to the people who have been hit.

Losing items is bad, but I think my PM would be worse. I feel bad for those who have been targeted.

On 2006-12-17 10:21, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
    , Lock your room, put a pass. Dont hand out your card to anyone and blacklist those you might have gave to in the past that might be a risk. Also Kimaya the room bug does not exist, It is a hack. It can still be done but most people dont know you will probably be banned for doing it within a few days. Oh and just because you are in your room, online, offline, anytime It can be done to your room so the only thing you can do is close shop.
    No room bug? The server confusion of mismatch placing is entirely false?
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Mercenary for Hire

On 2006-12-17 22:13, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
    Yup, you think sega would admit hacks? THINK PEOPLE... if its a room bug that happens lets say 1 in 1000 times.... Then whats the % that someone is actually carrying a PM ZERO on them... Its a intentional hack and its not hard to do. Sega lost enough customers already and arent going to lose more by admiting a hack

On 2006-12-17 23:13, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
    Yup, you think sega would admit hacks? THINK PEOPLE... if its a room bug that happens lets say 1 in 1000 times.... Then whats the % that someone is actually carrying a PM ZERO on them... Its a intentional hack and its not hard to do. Sega lost enough customers already and arent going to lose more by admiting a hack
    Makes sense. Now that you put it that way I can see clearly now (the rain is gone...), sorry but I had too lol.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

So...the hack only lets them into the room of the character's shop that it is opened under, and not access to any alternate characters?

Are we safe to say, make an alternate character with lv0 PM and open a shop there, send some items via common box and sell them on the alt and play our main character (who is now shopless) in peace?

I closed my shop the other day once I started seeing so many people getting hit, and I didn't want to lose my lv60 B.St PM just because I had a shop...

On 2006-12-17 23:13, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
    FYI they aren't using a PM Zero. When it's zero'ed through a hack the player still has the partner card and B St. on the PM, but if you use the actual item you'll see that its not the legit case

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2006-12-18 09:38 ]</font>