Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

People had been warning me to keep the good stuff out of my PM these days. Now I wish I'd listened to them a little more.

Funny thing, I hadn't actually had anything attractive for sale. Nothing major at all, just a Moatoob Stone Idol in the middle of my otherwise cheap decor in my room.

After soloing in Neudaiz S missions for a couple of hours in Universe 1, I came home to find the Idol strangely missing from my room. The other decorations were there, the idol wasn't. I run outside to find from dude with a name of complete gibberish. Before I can hit the screenshot button, he runs out. Then I notice my lv86 Ranged PM was reset back to a little orby lv1 PM. Needless to say, I am hella pissed.

This happened only moments ago, and I'm still standing in my room. Oddly enough my PM still had 10,000 meseta from sales. Exactly that much. And I was just about to try and buy a Bulletmaster board, thinking I could make it myself, fat chance now until the PM's maxed again.

After the initial shock was over, I ran over to check the visitor log. Most was nothing out of the ordinary, even some people names I recognized. Only the guy that just ran out looked obscenely suspicious. After all, I caught him red-handed, being the only one there after the damage was done. Why else would he be there?

I went to his room afterwards, and found nothing. No shop, no decor, the typical room of a lv1 character. It was obvious that this was merely an alt that destroyed my shop and stole only the Moatoob idol for whatever reason. I'm not even sure what lured him to the room in the first place, leading me to fear that this is some douchebag that's basically just randoming from room to room, taking what he pleases and bombing PMs, probably through the server room glitch. I was on Universe 1, btw when it happened. Dunno if that has anything to do with it though.

I understand pictures have much more credibility than words, but it only just happened. I got a screenshot with his obsurd name in the visitor log though, gimme a moment and I'll get it up.

EDIT - looks like most of the Synth items are still here, but my poor PM.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhatKnutz on 2006-12-18 13:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhatKnutz on 2006-12-18 13:32 ]</font>

Man SEGA needs to get off their ass and fix this.

THIS is Beyond armageddon! >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaidenx on 2006-12-18 13:05 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

Upon further examination after my panic subsided, it would appear that everything in my shop (what little is there anyways) is still up for sale. Checking within the PM, all the Synth items are present as well, and so are the synth boards I was using. Furthermore, the Battle level of the PM is still at what it was before. My guess is that I came to my room less than a minute too late, just after he bombed my PM, but before he could steal anything else than the idol. I guess that's some amount of sheer luck, I'm locking down the room for a bit though.

So, it would appear that all a PM Zero does is reset the PM level without erasing the items and boards within, and Zeroing the PM does NOT reset the B St level. Spread this word around, should help anyone considering resetting their PM.........AWW, SUNNAVABITCH!

Upon CLOSER Examination, it would appear that my PM has been renamed to "<removed>". And until I can find out where the PSU screenshots are saved (are they saved anywhere?), the guy I caught running out of my room was named - get this -

" KkiOWdbT$33567655 ", Tag code was 20028378.

Yes, that was their actual name, looks completely randomly generated through some program. Gawdamned TMG. I want someone to pay for this dearly, what can I do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhatKnutz on 2006-12-18 13:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-18 13:58 ]</font>

They are saved in "My Documents/SEGA/PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE/SCREENSHOT/"

In .BMP format.

yes and u go to photobucket or imageshack to host the pic'

Also looks like random keyboard mashing to me. Unless said individual's competence level is about limited to "random keyboard mashing..." Which could be entirely true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kattja on 2006-12-18 14:03 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

On 2006-12-18 14:01, kattja wrote:
    They are saved in "My Documents/SEGA/PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE/SCREENSHOT/"

In .BMP format.
    Hmm, looks like a mod removed the website my PM was named to. Forgot that was probably against the rules, my bad. Still, I'm leaving the name on the PM while I try to get this investigated into. Good thing I have some trustworthy people on my card list with lv100 PMs to synth with.

So, they're in that folder specifically? Thats news to me, I wonder why they'd be saved elsewhere than the primary directory of the game within Program Files.....anyways thanks, I'm searching through the images now to find the best ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhatKnutz on 2006-12-18 14:48 ]</font>

You got hit by the same guy I did.

Oh the file thing is probably so you can more easily run the game from a limited user account that doesnt have access to modify files in that directory.

PSO Assassin