Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PM bombs, 999999999 meseta on every hacker, economy is trash now (put something rare up for 50 mil and it'll be bought), people's accounts getting hacked and everything stolen.

Kinda sucks, and I think it has gotten so bad the only resolution is a server swipe, erase all the progress that has been made, fix the glitch that allows meseta gain, and make everyone start at 1.

You have to, or else this will continue until hackers are all alone on this game slowly weeding out the few legit players left (by bombing their PM's, stealing, etc until they quit).

Well, I'm here 'til Spring (6 month purchase) and looks like after that I'm gone. I hope Sega does something, this game is awesome.

Well a server wipe would lose SEGA a lot of customers I think (unless they did something drastic like refund your subscription dues for the time lost), so they probably won't consider that until the ship's already sinking. It all depends on how many subscriptions are cancelled within the next month or so, I would guess.

I for one would be glad to forego the My Room feature entirely if it meant that my items would be safe.

I'd leave if there's a wipe. Given, there's a huge inflation in prices and people are losing a lot of hard work, but forcing everyone to lose more than a few weapons and a PM would be enough for me to put my credit card back into my pocket.

They only win if you let them, or if Sega did a wipe, which is probably just as much their aim. A few simple precautions, and you should be fine.

Were sega to opt for a serverwide wipe, instead of fixing the problems on a case by case basis (more difficult, I know), well I know I'm not the only one who would leave. People are leaving over losing their pm's and room decor, imagine losing everything. That's when the enemy really wins, acheiving their utmost goal.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.

That's one way that the haxor (as opposed to hacker) mentality may backfire: no one left to haxor.

Call me if theres any E-Drama

what system?
    I talked with some people and they said the ps2/pc versioins are being fixed.
    Once someone reports it, they go on the "downnlow" and look into it. Then they make/get a patch fixing the problem.
    SO even though you dont see it happening, sega is doing something

When they get around to smashing the duped meseta, they need to do so in the LEAST offensive way possible.

It needs to be tailored to maximize damage to hackors and minimize damage to legit players.
    Coming Soon!

maybe if you all weren't cry babies and quitting the game for that you would have noticed. Stop acting like other mmos aren't hacked. Every games are hacked! lol smell the breeze "legitimate" is a doomed word now.

On 2006-12-18 14:48, Nedeti wrote:
    maybe if you all weren't cry babies and quitting the game for that you would have noticed. Stop acting like other mmos aren't hacked. Every games are hacked! lol smell the breeze "legitimate" is a doomed word now.
    But I don't play other MMOs; I play this one, and I play legit, and I invest time and effort into playing it as best as I am able. Sharing the challenge and progressing legitmately together is what creates the comraderie that these games are about.

That's just my opinion, but if that effort was to be wasted because someone chooses not to enjoy the game, but intentionally ruin said experience out of spite, while SEGA/ST chose not to act, I'd be a fool not to take my money back in a hurry.

I should note that I have no evidence that SEGA is doing nothing, so fanboys, no flames please.

Sega wouldnt do a wipe, theyd do a rollback which wouldnt reset us to lvl 1. It would reset us to a date before these things took place.

however, since the thing seems relatively contained (the only real people with the cash are hackers and people supporting them) sega can still ban them, implement a patch, and be ready to do a little more preventative maintenance in the future.

Calm down everyone! This isnt the end of the world. Yes, a week rollback would suck, but it is not the end of the world. Also, remember this is a forum ,looking around and seeing 5 topics about room stealing and pm bombing is to be expected. If it happened to you, youd go here first and post about it. The problem isnt as big as youre making it, it just seems that way because

A. PSOW members are being targeted, so its gonna get a bit more publicity.
    B. Youre all making it worse by blowing it outta proportion.

I think SEGA has proven to us by now that they arent treating this game like PSO. They MAC addres banned infamous and patched the meseta hack, so theyre gonna do something about this! Just calm down, and look at the thing objectively.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!: