Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Call me if theres any E-Drama

On 2006-12-18 15:53, Niered wrote:
    Sega wouldnt do a wipe, theyd do a rollback which wouldnt reset us to lvl 1. It would reset us to a date before these things took place.

however, since the thing seems relatively contained (the only real people with the cash are hackers and people supporting them) sega can still ban them, implement a patch, and be ready to do a little more preventative maintenance in the future.

Calm down everyone! This isnt the end of the world. Yes, a week rollback would suck, but it is not the end of the world. Also, remember this is a forum ,looking around and seeing 5 topics about room stealing and pm bombing is to be expected. If it happened to you, youd go here first and post about it. The problem isnt as big as youre making it, it just seems that way because

A. PSOW members are being targeted, so its gonna get a bit more publicity.
    B. Youre all making it worse by blowing it outta proportion.

I think SEGA has proven to us by now that they arent treating this game like PSO. They MAC addres banned infamous and patched the meseta hack, so theyre gonna do something about this! Just calm down, and look at the thing objectively.
    thank you!
    finally another person with some sense >.>

huh they didn't patch the meseta lol.... Something else... Aren't we all paying sega to play the game? Yes right? So someone who is willing to cheat has the same right has a legit since you both pay, but legit pay to play legit and cheater pay to play hardcore. Both are satisfied where is the problem ?

They pay sega to let them cheat, so let them cheat its called corporation business.

On 2006-12-18 16:16, Nedeti wrote:
    huh they didn't patch the meseta lol.... Something else... Aren't we all paying sega to play the game? Yes right? So someone who is willing to cheat has the same right has a legit since you both pay, but legit pay to play legit and cheater pay to play hardcore. Both are satisfied where is the problem ?

They pay sega to let them cheat, so let them cheat its called corporation business.
    uhhh yea they patched the meseta. Trust me
    I know people on the dl.
    and whats the problem? People are ruining a perfectly fun game

Thanks DikkyRay, Im not trying to piss people off, Im just trying to keep people calm. Now the MOMENT that a server wipe is even mentioned by SEGA i will be the first to cancel my subscription (probably) But I do not foresee that happening.

Personally, if I was sega i would do everything in my legal power to shut down TMG. Its not bad yet, and if sega keeps doing preventative maintenance then i dont see a real problem, but they could probably save themselves alot of time and effort if they just went to the logical next step.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Note on patches: It's not a simple method of "Oh, this is how they are duping meseta, so we'll just close the exploit!". They have to take the code, look at it, change it, analyze how it can effect the game, and put the patch through a test process to make sure that they didn't break anything else. Even the simplest change can affect something completely different It's just the way code works. And it takes time.

Mercenary for Hire

On 2006-12-18 16:20, DikkyRay wrote:

I know people on the dl.
    Nope, Its back But only easier to make. 99 mil in a matter of 2 minutes.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

They're already winning because of the community response to current events. This is exactly what they wanted... lots of threads talking about what they did so they can chortle and type 'lol' over instant messengers to each other.

Personally, I'm just playing the game all the same. Going to play with the same awesome friends no matter what these folks try to do.

On 2006-12-18 16:44, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
    On 2006-12-18 16:20, DikkyRay wrote:

I know people on the dl.
    Nope, Its back But only easier to make. 99 mil in a matter of 2 minutes.
    LOL
    i find it funny that you think that

Mercenary for Hire

Yeah, funny that I KNOW that. The old method isnt even patched.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Enough. At this point, the thread can go nowhere but downhill.