Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

i still think youre all preaching doom n' gloom. Quitting does not help the cause either. I hope that when SEGA fixes it you have the artionale to come back, other wise we can blame people like the ones running away for having a small community.
    I dont know what kind of Mo Co and Mmo experiences you have in your past, but when you work hard to have a nice character and nice things and others are geting them with 1% of your work it tends to obliterate the fun of it all.

Others will say "mehhhh hacking is everywhere", maybe so but NO OTHER economy in any game is as easily destroyed as PSO/PSU. "Ohhh what about ______" NO I have played almost every Major Mo Co and MMO. Sega and PS take the cake for easiest economy and gaming experience to destroy.

PSO they never really tried very hard at all to stop it, but as soon as they choose to take a "few" steps to make PS totally legit and failed it was over. Sega is not farmiliar with managing totally legit Online experiences. Sorry.

On 2006-12-19 12:12, ChrisKo wrote:

I dont know what kind of Mo Co and Mmo experiences you have in your past, but when you work hard to have a nice character and nice things and others are geting them with 1% of your work it tends to obliterate the fun of it all.
    maybethats the way you feel about it. personally i could care less what others have or how much work they went through to get it. i get pleasure from seeing what i have accomplished legitmately with my own character, not by compairing it with another persons character and the time it took them do something with it.

i played PSO for years after it had supposedly been ruined by dupers/hackers, and i had a great time doing it. the fact that someone was walking around with a J-sword while i was walking around with my Red Sword had no impact on my enjoyement.

No that is a majority feeling throughout all Co Mo and Mmo's. In fact in life, if you want to get technical. Why work for money if you can steal it and not go to jail? Why the hell should I have to work for a year to pay for my Corvette when someone else dosent.

You can pretend that the screwed economy and spurts of duping dont bother you all you want. Point is the game isnt worth playing if you cant hold everyone to the same set of standards. You just dont trade with anyone and keep entirely to yourself, because we know thats what online gaming is all about.

Resident loon
    So far outside the box I wrapped back around.

No that is a majority feeling throughout all Co Mo and Mmo's. In fact in life, if you want to get technical. Why work for money if you can steal it and not go to jail? Why the hell should I have to work for a year to pay for my Corvette when someone else dosent.
    First off RL analogies = pointless in this discussion. But if you want to use them it's two little things called satisfaction and morality. If I had a magic button to give myself max mestea and every item right now, would I push it? Hell no! It'd make playing PSU pointless and boring. I live the hunt, the dungeon crawl, and the joy of finding that rare and knowing I earned it. And earned it legit through my obsessive compulsive farming tendencies. =p

Jealousy is an unbecoming emotion, and it's only needed if you think you have something you need to prove to others. Myself? I don't give a flying flip what others think of me, and I could really care less if I walk into a game where someone has 6 of every A rank. Good on them, but it doesn't make them any more or any less of a person/player then it does me. Well unless they totally suck at playing, then no amount of A is gonna save your rear.

Speaking from the other side of the coin on this, you should have seen me in my diablo 1 days. You would have HATED me, as I was one of the many sniper wolf clones running about (Yay mgs) the proud owner of many many hacks, a souless's bow of PK'ing, (anyone remember that gem?) and a 1000+ ear collection. The funny part was even then I had my own crazy code, as I never used god mode (only god mode from autokill hack) And tried to snipe people without being seen with a infravision helm and wall walk hack. Actually got killed myself by a couple players more then once that way too.

Honest truth though, after a few months of it, pretty much got old. There's no joy in knowing an outcome before a fight starts, even with no god mode and running the risk of being killed by someone else cheating. Those were fun moments but they didn't happen often. And while you might get infamous enough to get a warped version of counter respect, it's not exactly something you want to have as a legacy either.

That said though...

You can pretend that the screwed economy and spurts of duping dont bother you all you want since phat lewtz and having 50 million dollars is all that counts. Point is the game isnt worth playing if you cant hold everyone to the same set of standards you need to keep your raging e-peen satisfied. You just dont trade with anyone and keep entirely to yourself, instead of having a ball playing with friends you trust, and using them to meet more trustworthy good guys till you have a card list brimming with legit players. ones who could care less about the hacks, gameplay and fun coming first, because we know thats what online gaming is all about.
    There, sounds much better now don't you think?

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

I want to play and trade with other people, and run my shop, and for valuable items to be hard for ME to get, withuot being super fucking easy because I just got paid 300K for a low rank synth item than only takes 5 runs to find.

be happy its 300k

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Bought a 360, thread over.

Grads Shimarisu.

Dragonkat sure thing buddy. PSU already failed to a majority for previous reasons listed. I dont even play PS2/pc version, but its a common concept that is human nature. You can say you disagree all you want, but you dont write psychology and sociology books now do you... I played 360 and abandoned it out of pure bordum. I guess I just dont enjoy games that lack something to do after 120 hrs opening day, and 30hrs more after cap raised to 60 and geting all A ranks.

To sum things up PSU is easy to start with so hacking cheating and duping is no particularly helpful.... Was good for a little less than 200hrs of enjoyment.

Even legit PSU has a tendency to get boring. Too much repetitive grind for my taste, and too many people who seem to love grinding. I will probably play out story mode, an then do what I have to do to play the online story. When I am done with that, I'll quit.
    I noticed that so far most of my sessions I have been alone. Not played in locked teams or anything. The few friends I have are so far ahead of me it's only fun for the company itself, not for game-fun. Playing alone in an online game.....that's a real drag. I doubt PSU will keep my attention as long as PSO did. And that is despite the fact that PSU is better in many ways. When I played PSO I had little alternative of interest (I quit other games because of too much loneliness, and bad player attitude) Now I do. I hope the striped squirel will find happiness on the new toy. Maybe we will meet, maybe we won't.

I would agree that the economy here is totally screwed. I just ran into a charcter that's made over 50 million M from makig weapons. Character name "Box" if you've heard of them. They carry around 30 million on their character and 15 million on their alts. And that's just one charcter. I have like 7 million, my other friend has around 7-8 million. So that's just three people out of the entire game and we're pushing 75 million (if we totaled it all up). That's just from selling A weapons.

It's like no matter what price you put them up as, they will sell, sometimes even that day. Make a 50% weapon? can put it up for sell for like 5-10 million and it'll be gone that day. It's crazy, I don't even bother to sell many items anymore because I don't think money's worth anything anymore. It's getting to the point where stuff is just becoming crazy expensive and it'll stil sell. Sori-Senba for 10 million? It'll sell that day no questions asked.

Pretty soon we're just going to be trading stuff for items instead of buying it with money. Since anyone can just pay $10 and make any amount of money they want (and or items) in seconds.