Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Dunno if you were familiar with it, but... basically, at one point in time, the Diablo II servers were so rife with hacked weapons, armors, maxed money, etcetera, etcetera, that the people running the server went, "Well, that's too much" -

And deleted everyone's weapons.

And everyone's money.

And everone's armor.

Your character levels were the same, but they gave you basic weapons and said, "Go to it buddy!"

Or at least so I'd heard - I was long gone off Diablo II, driven away by hackers. So my version of this story may be inaccurate to some degree.

Do you think ST might be waiting for them to find ways to permanently patch the game, then rust storm us?

Now, I'd actually PREFER this to a full rollback. I still have my PMs. I still have my characters.

But the idea does kind of cut down my urge to grind my Arb Hadocs to +10.

I can always find and synth items again - they might have worse %s but they might have better %s too.

And honestly, I seriously think that this would be the best solution.

The nice thing about the way that the game is set up is that item loss isn't the DEVASTATING thing it was on PSO - there are only a few 'uber' rares to hunt for which aren't possible to synth, and resetting everyone to zero...

Well, it wouldn't be fun.

But it would be better than a full rollback.

What do you guys think? Keep your characters, but lose your items?

I'd be more apt to assume they'd use the rollback like they did on the JP servers a while back.

In essence it's going to have the same effect considering most of us would be horribly gimped in the new missions with nothing but a saber or a wand.
    The whole prospect of removing items and meseta just doesn' t seem practical.

Mercenary for Hire

Only problem is Diablo 2 Is free, this isn't. Theyll lose Most customers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaKaVeLi_X on 2006-12-19 13:06 ]</font>

On 2006-12-19 13:04, Gazette wrote:
    I'd be more apt to assume they'd use the rollback like they did on the JP servers a while back.

In essence it's going to have the same effect considering most of us would be horribly gimped in the new missions with nothing but a saber or a wand.
    The whole prospect of removing items and meseta just doesn' t seem practical.
    the whole idea is impractical. The problem is the cheaters can cheat. It would take them maybe a week to get back to where they were while the rest of the community would either quit or be stuck in the stone age.

The Last Raven

They better give us 2 free months or some thing

On 2006-12-19 13:08, mogshaz wrote:

the whole idea is impractical. The problem is the cheaters can cheat. It would take them maybe a week to get back to where they were while the rest of the community would either quit or be stuck in the stone age.
    I never said a rollback was any more or less practical, but they did use it to patch some things that people were getting away with, or so I've read.

I also hear they gave them free playtime during the period following the rollback.. so, aye.

I'd be all for it - but I honestly don't trust Sonic Team to make the changes needed to prevent future cheating. Losing that much effort is bad enough - but losing it every two to three months is rediculous.

Only problem is Diablo 2 Is free, this isn't. Theyll lose Most customers.
    I honestly don't think Sonic Team would care that much. They put up the double-save which drove most of their PSO customers away, and never even fliched at the idea of removing it. They get a good 80% (I'd imagine) of their online subscriber fees from the JP market anyhow - considering the game has pretty well tanked over here. Pissing off a few EU's and NA's for the sake of a mock server security stunt isn't beyond them.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

The Last Raven

Or they can use the 10 bucks I'm paying them each month and make a fucking patch.

On 2006-12-19 13:23, Genobee wrote:
    Or they can use the 10 bucks I'm paying them each month and make a fucking patch.
    that would just be too easy.

where the hell is all this comming from?

i leave /b/ for five minutes and look what happens

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-12-19 13:44 ]</font>
    Even in death i still serve