have you noticed mods are getting trigger happy with the locks on cheat threads... most of these threads would not be here if the original converstation had not been cut short... thus ppl starting a new thread just to finish a conversation with other ppl keeping this sight alive, and the mods moderating.

just sayin...

It's not because the threads are about cheating, though. We certainly want people to be aware of exploits that are currently taking place, so that they can try to protect themselves. The problem is that threads about cheating often result in flaming, platform wars, links or talk about inappropriate material/sites, etc.. Once things get out of hand or start crossing the boundaries of the rules, the topics usually get locked.

Not sure if you're implying that it's a conspiracy to keep the site busy and give the mods something to do, but I can assure you it's not. I'm sure the mods would much rather be playing the game or enjoying their free time If people could stay on topic, follow the rules, and have civilized conversations, I think there would be far less locked threads (not that there are really THAT many).

wasn't really implying anything much... i just noticed a few places in different threads where ppl said something to the effect of "finishing something from a locked post" or something similar.

more just to rib the mod's a little bit

The main reason we see so many topics getting locked is that people keep doing the things that warrant locks. Most of the locks were motivated by the moderator who did them. If people read these motivations and don't go wrong again, no more topics will need locking.