Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dear psow members,

Recently one of my friend has found a 10* Halarod board. This is the only good news.

Now he is recieving messages from hackers posing with my name and trying to slip out the password to his room.

This is a big threat since, now I know, they can steal your name to try and fool your friends.

I recommend everyone make sure when you recieve mails, do NOT hit reply, but compose your mail and select your recipients if you are giving out fragile information.

Today, this certain hacker was mailing my friend, pretending to be me. He even knew the type of people I was partying with and how they talked. One of his message was for right when I was finished doing a run... "I'm with _____ right now. were done with onma S"

They even tried to pose as Remedy. So please, make sure whatever information you give, do becareful. I've warned you once about the room hacks, now I'm warning you of identity theft.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-20 02:03 ]</font>

Wow someone must have a very boring life. Getting to creepy...

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

Yep, got a nasty message from Ruby today demanding to know why I was going around defaming jeM today.

Except, you know, I was at work from noon to midnight. Oops?

lol, jeM drama.

I've already cancelled my sub, I'm not paying 10 bux a month to have this shit happen to me. :

wtf, now its identity theft and slander? This is getting downright criminal. I can't believe the lengths people are going to to try to ruin you two...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-12-20 02:02 ]</font>

so the us version is called halarod?

figured it was hararod.

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

Meh, it's unsurprising. The community just hates me and DJ, for some reason - at least I'm partially guilty for the way I've been treated, I don't know why they hate him.

I don't do much in public anymore, it's pointless. Games are much better with my little circle of friends and jeM members. Besides, you don't find many 50/3 Cast Fortechers outside of my group of friends, and he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever find.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

I'll bet you this is not hackers, anyone can make a char with your name ans mail your friends pretending to be you, hell for the past month I've been wary of answerin mails with private info.

*Begins to fold paper cranes...

I'm surrounded with friends that are being hacked left and right. I was even informed of my picture and even Tomeeboy's hack picture being posted in tmg's webpage.

I've only been with a few friends grinding the same place over and over. I wouldnt mail anyone for room password or anything, only if I were to be face to face.

On 2006-12-20 02:10, -Shimarisu- wrote:
    I'll bet you this is not hackers, anyone can make a char with your name ans mail your friends pretending to be you, hell for the past month I've been wary of answerin mails with private info.
    That's true. But in order to mail a person you must have either met the person, or have their card. And if they were to have recreated a character with a person's name on it, they would have to meet their victim once again or have their card.

This hacker did not have either goals met. My friend mailed me saying... "Did you just mail me for my room pass?".The thing is. I was in a group all that time and have not mailing anyone. My friend was in his room for the longest time trying to synth the weapon they have found.

It was the same thing when "steal your heart baby" mailed me the other day. I did not have his/her/it's card but he was able to have mine and sent a mail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-20 02:20 ]</font>