Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

It's almost time for me to upgrade my daggers, so I want to know if I should continue using them or try dual claw. The Dual Claw PA seems rather horrid, being just the basic combo that hits two enemies with boosted damage and has a knockback at the end, overall being slower than the normal combo.
    Should I just continue with twin daggers, or do twin claw? Either way, I plan on getting twin claw once I obtain either that ultimate twin claw PA or access to an S rank twin claw, either or.

Rappy Hunter

someone buy me an A rank pair and I'll give ya my opinion. To dam costly to try out stuff in this game

Depends on what class you plan on being, which, since you mentioned using S rank twinclaws, means Fortefighter. Ffs cant use S rank daggers, so might as well switch.

The basic combo is pretty good actually, but wow, the PA really, really sucks.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I believe that's what extra mode was for, but the enemies there are so weak that everything seems good.
    I was actually greatly disappointed with dual claw offline, but I want more opinions before making a definite decision.

Yes, I plan on fortefighter, but I can hold off on dual claws until the S ranks come out, in which case switching would be an upgrade. I also think the "ultimate" dual claw PA is supposed to be pretty decent compared to the other small weapons, so that's another time when I can change. It would be ideal if both came at the same time, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-12-20 14:04 ]</font>

I also wasn't sure so i asked one of my friends if i could borrow his. Even without the PA i loved using twin claws, once i get a board for vahra claws i'm making myself a pair

Honestly, I own 8*s in most of the fortefighter weapons. I dont think that Twin Daggers or Twin Claws are very good. Twin Daggers have too low of an ATP, and suck horribly against high dfp monsters (that said, their PA is still broken so it's still decent). Twin Claws have a good regular combo with strong damage, but a crappy PA.

But I don't really like them, anyhow. I primarily use my Spears, Swords, and Axes. I got my Twinclaw PA to lv 17, and break it out occasionally in Agata (28% dark).

On 2006-12-20 14:09, -Dainslef- wrote:
    Honestly, I own 8*s in most of the fortefighter weapons. I dont think that Twin Daggers or Twin Claws are very good. Twin Daggers have too low of an ATP, and suck horribly against high dfp monsters (that said, their PA is still broken so it's still decent). Twin Claws have a good regular combo with strong damage, but a crappy PA.

But I don't really like them, anyhow. I primarily use my Spears, Swords, and Axes. I got my Twinclaw PA to lv 17, and break it out occasionally in Agata (28% dark).
    Whaddya mean broke? The PA isn't broke. WTF is with people saying this?

On 2006-12-20 14:39, Ryoki wrote:
    On 2006-12-20 14:09, -Dainslef- wrote:

Whaddya mean broke? The PA isn't broke. WTF is with people saying this?
    Broken can mean overpowered.
    Coming Soon!

I'm sure there would be better PAs for the Twin Claws, and I like its combo, even for males.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

According to the JP players on here, the 2nd PA isnt much better. Who knows about the third, though.

And yeah, medium sized 360 area of effect, with triple hits and a large damage modifier is rather "broken", as in powerful. Depending on monster defense, it does roughly the same damage as the Twin Claw PA, if not more, to three targets instead of 1, with a bigger range and a lot less aiming.