(ic as pent)This is an article i publisized on a famous science research database.It encompases my studies into the history of the modern cast.I attempted to have it contain as few opinions as possible.This is more of an overview also,of the ways the parts work and fit together as a whole rather than being a detailed explination.I may one day publisize a work that encompases all of my studies.

The Makeup of a Modern Cast

Since the first robot early on in humans history we have researched this field heavily.Now with the discovery of photons robots have a seemingly limitless supply of energy.Due to the photon reactors in every cast they can continue to run for hours on end,as photons are constantly being drawn from the surrounding area to be put to use.However due to the reactors being less stable than an A-photons they cannot do this indefinitly.As the output cannot run both major functions and photon draws at peak out put all at once.In order to regain full fuel cells they are required to go into a standby mode and cease movement and scan functions.This mode depending on how much energy was spent since the last recharge can be anywhere from 3 hours to a full 6.(note this an average for certain casts their reactors may be larger or smaller)

The next big breakthrough that alows casts to be what they are today are their photon neuronets.Perfectly mimicing a humans it alows them to "feel" and have a sort of "instinct" much like a liveng creatures.Even the brain of a cast is a working model of a humans.The brain is quite complete and has both left and right hemispheres. It also contains an underdeveloped version of humans evolved frontal lobe that alows for limited psycic powers compared to other races.Due to this and the fact that photons tie directly into ones own mental energy(spirit energy as most newmans call it)they have limited technic control.

The final thing that truly sets a cast apart from previous robots are their synthetic parts.Useing certain polymers and metals photon neuronets can run through these and alow casts to "feel" touch and vice versa.This allows for a wider variety of function as touch is a major factor in many aplications.With this ability even casts can tell texture and better tell the pressure they apply to something.With the last ability that seperates humans from machines mimiced who is to truly say they are not "alive".
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

"With the last abiliyy that separates humans from machines miniced who is to truly say they are not 'alive'"[quote]

Agreed.

Team Cyber Scale coordinator
    on the bottom of the deep abys (AKA my room)

interesting read, definetly a lovely base for any kind of setting <3

Hm, I did a fic once that did something nowhere near this 'theory' for CAST evolution...

Hmm... Too bad I'm sincerely thinking of doing another...

It was a good read, though, props.

WOOT thanks Meira been haveing a rough day this made it that much better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2007-01-23 15:06 ]</font>
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up