Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Still undecided.

I do like PSU. I like the challenge of high rank missions. I like the concept of Photon Arts. I like the customization options. I love some of the areas. However, there's things with PSU that annoy me, or I can't stand. Things like having to run through a few boring missions to reach a good one, the number of money pools compared to the amount of money you make.

One thing that does annoy me with PSU is that aside from boring Parum missions, and a few other missions, there isn't much to solo. Now, before the banshees start screaming 'ONLINE GAEM LOLZ PLAY WIT PPLZ', I'd like to point out that in PSO, I didn't even acknowledge 90% of the community. I played with friends, and when no-one was online, I solo'ed, rather than play in populated ships. I'm not terribly fond of playing with people I don't know- I prefer the company of friends. PSU doesn't allow me the option to solo when it's quiet, which is a shame. Usually results in me logging off instead.

I don't know, I'll keep playing PSU..for now. I'll give it a few months to see if it interests me anymore, and if not, Ill probably revert back to what has kept me constantly entertained for 3 years- PSO.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

More or less bored with it. Feels too much like a job to obtain anything even from the start. More repetative than PSO without the fun. Sure PSO only had a few areas but at least treking thru them and fighting an epic boss at the end was hella fun. PSU just makes the bosses unimpressive and farmable. Not fun. Content locked is stupid.. While other MMO's expand PSU gets unlocked. WoW will be getting a massive expansion next month and PSU won't even be fully unlocked.

It's been fun at times, and I'll keep working at it. But it doesn't have the addiction value of what PSO was. There isn't much of an acomplishment feeling as you go thru.

Dead In Linear Line S

On 2006-12-27 11:54, SonicTMP wrote:
    More or less bored with it. Feels too much like a job to obtain anything even from the start. More repetative than PSO without the fun. Sure PSO only had a few areas but at least treking thru them and fighting an epic boss at the end was hella fun. PSU just makes the bosses unimpressive and farmable. Not fun. Content locked is stupid.. While other MMO's expand PSU gets unlocked. WoW will be getting a massive expansion next month and PSU won't even be fully unlocked.

It's been fun at times, and I'll keep working at it. But it doesn't have the addiction value of what PSO was. There isn't much of an acomplishment feeling as you go thru.
    WoW has been around for 2 years. They have a much much larger fanbase, in the millions. Not to mention they make a lot more money.

It's understandable that Sega locked content, they probably understand as well as everyone else that this game is repetitive as hell and the subscribers need something new every once in a while. Let's pretend everything was unlocked. You'd still be bored anyway and have nothing to look forward to until they come up with ideas that will probably be recycled.

We can all agree that it's the same grind over and over but what game doesn't have grind. It's more enjoyable if you play with friends anyway and at your own pace.

console limitations. etc.

-h
    Dallas, but it's not the same without cursing, okay?!

Last night I realized my feelings toward PSU are somewhat strange. I was trying to play, trying to do all these things and I just didn't feel like it, yet I go downstairs and see a preview for PSU on the 360 on the digital cable On Demand service and get really excited.

And at work (at my little video game store), whenever someone asks about it I get really excited and passionate and all, but I haven't played for more than a collective hour in the last week.

It's because I don't have many folks to play with, I guess, and I hate random parties because of my own snobbishness and need for conversation while playing. There's an amazing number of things to do, though, and I don't understand how PSO can even compare beyond the magic of being new.

Meh.

Well. . .

On 2006-12-23 03:36, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
    When I think about it, PSU may seem better then PSO if PSU came out first.

The thing is, PSU didn't introduce new things. Change the gameplay mechanics, added new weapons, and other things. The story. . . I liked it. It wasn't bad. Just a generic story, nothing special.

PSO. . . You struggled to "find" the story. What makes PSO's story and PSO in general so great is that they developers left so much out. You're left to figure it out and you're the one who fills in the blanks.

PSU's music is really bad. . . I love the PSO music and I have tons of it on my PC. PSU not so much. Seabed music, outstanding. Some of the Linear Line music, good. The rest is pretty bad. PSO's music had an ambiance to it. It didn't drive you crazy.

Also, PSO had a more "party friendly" system. Go to universe one and see what happens when you die on your team. People are complete dicks. It gives purpose to surviving a mission but at the same time, it ruins it.

PSU needs more rare weapons. Sure, you can get "custom" weapons that you make yourself or bartered for but that's not the same. Rare weapons in PSU are just modified versions of your standard weapons. PSO's rare weapons were twisted and warped versions of your weapons. . . You could barely tell what a Final Impact was.

All in all, I'd say PSU is more fun to play but sacrificed its story. Again, PSO's story was amazing since it was so open. You were the one doing all the work and it had a real purpose. I have yet to hear why Guardians have to purge the Gurhal star system of all non-humanoid life.
    In a nutshell.

And more http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...um=11&start=25

I like PSU nonetheless.

Some days I love it.

Some days I'm bored out of my mind with it.

It lacks in content, painfully. If the game was this pretty and active with a world even a quarter the size of WoW, or even half the quests and encounters of, say, even Everquest 1, this game would be fantastic.

But it doesn't, in fact, it doesn't come REMOTELY close to either of those requirements, and so I expect to be fully bored of it soon. I'd be surprised if I'm still playing in March.

Very surprised.

On 2006-12-27 15:21, -Dainslef- wrote:
    It lacks in content, painfully. If the game was this pretty and active with a world even a quarter the size of WoW, or even half the quests and encounters of, say, even Everquest 1, this game would be fantastic.

But it doesn't, in fact, it doesn't come REMOTELY close to either of those requirements, and so I expect to be fully bored of it soon. I'd be surprised if I'm still playing in March.

Very surprised.
    Even though when i heard of PSU having "Open Field" i expected that lol.. It failed, but thats fine.. i guess

I take back what I said about PSU not delivering what it said about branching paths.

Nearly every stage has branching paths... they just lead to dead ends and lots of backtracking to get on the single path to the next block. I guess that works. A little annoying, but they kept that promise. >_>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.