Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Well, its been a lil more than 2 months that PSU has been released. Whats everyone's overall take on it? To those that know me, Im sure youve noticed I havent been around as things...well...theyve been difficult. But, I did manage to get PSU & Im ready to discuss it with friends. However, this topic is open to anyone who wants to leave their impressions on the game. As for myself, Im limited to offline til I get home access again. But, Im interested in everyone's take on the game (offline & online). So, feel free to post. Good luck, guardians!

I'm impressed with both offline and online. Being entirely honest, I haven't finished offline Online is so entertaining XD

I was afraid of getting bored, since PSU does not have THAT many stages, especially in the beginning. As they kept unlocking clothes and the new classes, I was more and more sucked into online mode. I'm terribly slow though >.>; So I wouldn't know about anything higher than B rank missions ;P Currently a level 25 hu/beast, a level 16 new/fo, and a level 18 caseal/ranger. Each class is so different and their playstyles are so different too Plus needing to level up two job levels to access an advanced job is pretty cool and I'm in the process of becoming fighgunner

Main complaint is bad code efficiency. Its the reason why a friend of mine hasn't been able to join me in PSU...

Story mode is awesome. Voice acting doesn't make me ears bleed so I'm happy. At chapter 9 and I'm looking forward to what is coming, plus the online story missions afterwards.

I only wish the game were more popular T_T;
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

For it being this early in the game, I've been extremely impressed. There's been issues, most notably with hacking, but you can't expect perfection right as the green flag drops and Sega's actually responded very well to these issues (haven't heard from them hackers in a while, have we?) The weekly updates have prevented things from getting boring, and they've even added a story element to Online mode via Guardians missions.

I've been having a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

As a former long-time player of PSO and FFXI, I find PSU to be a great balance between quick, arcadey action games and time-consuming online RPGs. As much as Id like to sit on my ass and play RPGs all day long, its incredibly difficult for me to do so nowadays.....often I only have an hour at most to play per day. With PSU, Its totally possible to just pick it up real quick and have at it, or sit down and grind my way into oblivion. I love tha PS franchise too....(Phantasy Star II was the illest! )
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

My biggest problem with PSU is that it's actual work to keep your money up. I want my friends to be online, but I can see that being a big turn off. To those that say, "You expect everything easy? Pfft" I say, I expect it to be a GAME.

But, on that note, it is very much fun to be earning this hard money to get, so it balances itself out in the end. I'm enjoying my time online, as I was enjoying my time offline too.

PSU's an amazing game.

Three words: Addicting as PSO.
    ~nyo

On 2006-12-27 10:46, Kirip-san wrote:
    Three words: Addicting as PSO.
    ~nyo
    what they said except no nyo

In short, I can't wait to get online everday.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

For me, I definitely miss it on days I can't play. I'm a bit behind the curve of achievements, for people who started on day 1. Considering, I'm only level 38 and have a PM at level 21 (partially because I had to reset once and I'm doing half tech/half strike).

The thing that really does it for me, online. Is the expert classes. Since switching to Guntecher, I don't think I've had a more fun support character in any online RPG, to date. I'm always in love with the aspect of having a class where you often switch your Role of combat support right in the midst of combat. It really keeps your mind active, and generally gives you that feeling of freedom to cover whatever is currently lacking. It's like another layer of strategy, altogether. Even better when you get into a zone with it, and people notice that your role juggling is kicking butt and saving lives. Even if you aren't the big damage dealer in the group. The fact that this is full realtime action is what makes such strategies more tasty and rewarding. It feels comfortably deep, yet still relaxing in a way, most of the time.

Communication has come a long way, as well. It's nice to get such instant feedback in which you can quickly plan who covers which role, when you're trying to keep everybody alive through a tougher section. Or if someone is running low on a resource.

I don't think I've had it this good in PSO. People have been getting real cool with voice chat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-27 12:10 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Wow. Only 2 months. Feels like I've been playing for 6...

I'm glad that I found the group of friends I did. I don't think I'd be having as much fun w/o them.

Overall, i'm impressed with the game. Knowing that there is still a buttload of content to release just makes me more anxious to play!