Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

We are only two months in, and already we only have ONE universe that is usually full or close to full, with all the others being ghost towns. I don't see a dramatic increase in players anytime soon, and only people that tried PSU for a while and have already dropped off. I think this is due to many reasons, like Sega holding back (too much) content. I have no problem with them holding back a lot of the end game stuff, so soon, but to only release a handful of missions, and nothing else really to speak of? Come on!

Sega is ruining this game, and I don't see any way of it coming back to life. Not saying it's dead, but its not what PSO was, which was a rich community of people all over the world. With JP and US seperate, we lose a lot there as well. I am finding the US crowed to be overly immature, and really, not all that fun to party with. It's a shame, as I don't play every day, so I don't really have any friends I can msg to create a party with at any time.

Anyway, Where do you see PSU in one year? Do you think anybody will be left playing? I expect the hardcore Phantasy Star players out there to still be hacking away at the game, but I sadly see it going downhill very fast. It's sad, becuase I did have such high hopes for this game, and while it can be fun, and exciting; There just doesn't seem to be that edge that makes me coming back for more the way PSO did on Dreamcast back in the day.

I'm not giving up yet though! I hope Sega can redeem themselves.

First:
    Sega is ruining this game
    No.

Secondly I'll give the population til June before Uni1 is 1 star.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-27 13:39 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Until I stop playing.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

On 2006-12-27 13:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    Until I stop playing.

Two words, Expansion Pack.

Once US servers population is near nothing, sega will not bother updating any sort of content, and only focus on the japanese version since that one has a much better chance of staying around for a LOT longer. I see them getting the expension pack, and we will not. Now i'm realizing I should have imported.

Down for the Getdown

On 2006-12-27 13:41, Aeternus wrote:
    Once US servers population is near nothing, sega will not bother updating any sort of content, and only focus on the japanese version since that one has a much better chance of staying around for a LOT longer. I see them getting the expension pack, and we will not. Now i'm realizing I should have imported.
    pfft, thats a buncha BS. If Sega is smart they'll GIVE US the expansion to boost the population.

On 2006-12-27 13:44, DizzyDi wrote:
    On 2006-12-27 13:41, Aeternus wrote:
    pfft, thats a buncha BS. If Sega is smart they'll GIVE US the expansion to boost the population.
    Not going to happen.

Sega also should have made the montly fee MUCH less.. I think 5 dollars is fair for a game that is NOT a MMORPG... basically it's a graphical MUD. They should have went guild wars route..

The Guild Wars route probably would've attracted more, and they would still get the same amount of money from people. Which is exactly what Guild Wars does.

Guild Wars, you still pretty much pay for all the content and it still adds up to about $10 a month if you follow the expansions, in a timely manner. However, it's generally a more attractive consumer selling method by *masking* the monthly fee aspect, for those who stick with the game. On the other hand, if you say *screw the updates*, you pay much less in Guild Wars.

On the other hand, there's nothing quite like Phantasy Star, so I plan to be on this for quite a while. I'm already enjoying the combat more, and when it comes down to it (outside of getting great weapons) a combat engine, and good company to work with, is where the *real* fun is, and why we ultimately stick around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-27 13:53 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I was actually expecting more out of the combat engine. I thought it would be more combo based action oriented, but it's still kind of straight forward hack and slash style. It's not bad, but I don't think it is overly upgraded from PSO. I guess I was expecting more of an action game in a RPG setting.