Threaded View

Default (Update) Class chosen, need Mag advice

==UPDATE==
    Thanks for the input so far.

So I have decided on going melee with Hunter/Fighter, using this build I found on this thread.

So now the last big decision I need to make is how to raise my Mag. The obvious choice is a pure 150 S-ATK Delphinus. Alternatively, I am considering getting Libra as my initial second evolution for Increase Stats H instead of Invincibility A. In my experience from PSO1 getting Invincibility from filling the PB gauge rarely had any meaningful benefit, even more so since I rarely used PBs making the effect occur less often. Getting ATK and DEF buffs at the beginning of Emergency Trial seems more appealing to me personally. The final stats of this Mag would be 99 S-ATK, 50 ABL, 1 T-DEF.

However, having the stats necessary to equip my best possible weapons takes priority over support abilities. Unfortunately I don't know what stats are required to equip those:/ As a female Cast, at 60Hu/60Fi with the above skill trees I would have 651 S-ATK and 404 ABL. The 50 ABL Mag would raise this to 750 S-ATK and 454 ABL, while the pure 150 S-ATK Mag would give me 801 S-ATK and 404 ABL.

So would the 99 S-ATK 50 ABL Mag be sufficient to equip my best weapons, or do I need to go for the pure 150 S-ATK Mag and sacrifice Increase Stats H?

==ORIGINAL POST==
    So i'm new to PSO2 and i've tried out each of the three basic classes with my female Cast character to get a feel for which suits my style the best. Problem is... im having trouble figuring out what my favorite style IS.

First I played Hunter. I've always preferred melee combat and I loved the raw damage output of the Hunter. But then I encountered these lovely things called "weak points". When I see a weak point, I have this insatiable urge to run up to it and whack it with all i've got. Problem is, 90% of the time the weak point is out of my reach and I end up hitting a boss' legs for minimal damage while a Ranger sends rocket after rocket right into the weak point for wrecking damage.

So I decided to give Ranger a test drive. After all im playing a female Cast which has the highest R-ATK in the game. Plus I was interested in TPS mode. But I was immediately turned off by how much longer it took me to kill normal mobs. The DPS was far lower than Hunter's.

Force... use PP to deal crap damage... no thank you... moving on.

Anyway, after giving all three basic classes a chance I started doing some research here on this forum. I eventually found this thread which gave me a better idea of how each class is supposed to be played. Basically what I gathered was that:

a) Hunter is good for raw damage output, but suffers from mobility issues
    b) Ranger is good for hitting (and making) weak points, but has less overall DPS
    c) Ranger/Hunter can do both with the weaknesses of neither... but you must spend AC on a second Hunter tree and a second Mag, or have a hard time leveling Hunter.
    d) Gunner/Ranger can do most of what Ranger/Hunter can with less hassle.

At this point i'm not even sure what im trying to ask here. I guess any helpful input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Indignation211; May 25, 2013 at 04:28 PM.