Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    You're talking about a shift to lower rates, but you neglect that these are the first 13*s we've ever had. There's no precedent for their drop rates; there's nothing to shift from. On the other hand, 11*s, a grade of item which does have a comparable precedent, have been dropping more than they ever have, even within the UQ. By any fair metric, drops have been the easiest they've ever been in this game (not to say that they're good).

And on the matter of conditioning, if that's really their intent, then they're pretty bad at it. As anyone who has used a booster in an UQ should know, it's not uncommon to go its whole duration without finding anything worthwhile. If you want to condition people to use boosters, you would want to make the effect, at least on occasion, noticeable and directly attributable to the booster. That's just operant conditioning 101. (It might be classical, but I can't be arsed to confirm right now.)

I'm giving you some benefit of the doubt here, but I'm really loathe to believe that there's anyone, anywhere, that would seriously resort to buying boosters with AC, nevermind any number worth compromising the game's design over. I don't find your assertion compelling because the means they'd be going about it are just hilariously bad.
    Well, I don't really want to just leap to this sort of tactic because I know it's not fair - but really, do you know every single player? Do you know how JP casuals do things? Even EN casuals? We have people in the EN community who say scape dolls would never ever sell, yet they actually do. Some JPs actually do buy scape dolls. Some EN players do too.

I never said they were good at this sort of thing, nor that it's the sole motivation or sole intent - but any results yielded are still results.

Additionally, I don't consider "rarity" to be a factor in how easy it is to actually obtain an item. The fact that the new standard of items players seek are getting rarer is what matters, not the labels assigned to them. They could be labeled anything in the world; that much is completely arbitrary and if anything that's a result of difficulty to obtain, not v.v.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 24, 2014 at 01:49 PM.